Hardware How Much Should I Sell A Nintendo Switch For?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I few days ago I looked at the sold prices on eBay and they generally ran about $400-425 + shipping. With eBay and PayPal fees plus 7% sales tax the profit is only $30-$50. In addition you run the risk of the buyer deciding the unit does not meet his standards and can return it to you within 30 days, problem is your return window to your retailer may be closed. Now it is truely used and you loose money.

The risk is to high in my opinion. Keep it or return it to the store. You could try CL and pray you don't get mugged.

I am kind of in the same boat as I think I have a preorder sitting at the Layaway Desk at Walmart but I purchased one at Meijer on launch night. I have not picked it up and will probably just go get my deposit back. I want a 2nd one for the family but don't need it until Splatoon 2 and there should be plenty of stock by then and hopefully some of the my major issues like poor wifi will be ironed out by then.

you probably wont be able to find one even when splatoon 2 comes outs because the reality of it is that people want multiple units for their family (just like me) or its cheaper to buy another switch than an extra dock, plug, joycons etc so they want two. the second one i have was a gift and it was turned down today but the need for a second dock is real. I am scalping by definition but it was never intended to be scalped and the unit wont be returned but i see the longing for a switch and i will let it go for a price of course.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably wont be able to find one even when splatoon 2 comes outs because the reality of it is that people want multiple units for their family (just like me) or its cheaper to buy another switch than an extra dock, plug, joycons etc so they want two. the second one i have was a gift and it was turned down today but the need for a second dock is real. I am scalping by definition but it was never intended to be scalped and the unit wont be returned but i see the longing for a switch and i will let it go for a price of course.
. . . so supply never catches up with demand . . . ?

Reactions: thorasgar

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think you can scalp it good luck. Personally I'd tape two wii motes to a tablet and try returning that, Walmart never checks around here if you put a Chinese knock off in the right box.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the switch :) after second shipment on march 31 , it will be sold out in a day . Price will go up on the Switch everywhere. Because you got two big games coming . :) people want the switch .
Or you can just sell it to me!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i would just wait for restock, the console isnt worth the price nintendo are charging nerver mind the price greedy cunts are charging.

plus with the shit loads of faults the system has, you have no protection because the faults are with the manufacturer and not the seller, so they can completely deny you a refund and nintendo might argue the fact you bought it off fleabay and wont have a valid receipt to confirm the item was actually brand new/un used.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
plus with the shit loads of faults the system has, you have no protection because the faults are with the manufacturer and not the seller, so they can completely deny you a refund and nintendo might argue the fact you bought it off fleabay and wont have a valid receipt to confirm the item was actually brand new/un used.
Nintendo doesn't look at where you bought it, they just fix any manufacturing defects as long as the warranty is active (which may be less than a year if bought from unofficial sellers - not sure about this one). They won't fix damage done after being purchased for free; they'll charge extra. For the DSi, the charge for a broken sholder button was $80 (which includes shipping both ways).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I won't buy this for a overprice one. It will remain for 299 USD/ 330 EURO. They are going to restock it soon. Return to the store and get your refund back. I don't think many people willing to buy it from you for a overprice. It is not a rare system like NES CLASSIC EDITION, you know.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get people having issue to get it, on my local store even at the end of the release they there was still 20 console left, and since they never sell out
why would someone buy one for 350$ and wait few days if they can get it immediatly in their local store for 300 ?

Reactions: Quantumcat

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get people having issue to get it, on my local store even at the end of the release they there was still 20 console left, and since they never sell out
why would someone buy one for 350$ and wait few days if they can get it immediatly in their local store for 300 ?
Confused. You don't "get" that not everyone in the world lives in your local area and that regional supply shortages exist? This sounds like a typical post from 'Murica and not from France. :wacko:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Confused. You don't "get" that not everyone in the world lives in your local area and that regional supply shortages exist? This sounds like a typical post from 'Murica and not from France. :wacko:
Thanks for the stereotype. The Switch stock is pretty dry here in Wyoming.. But if I wanted to buy another console, there's cheaper ways than giving some random guy on the Internet $500.

Reactions: Alkéryn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2