Hardware How many of you are having issues with your joycons?

Have you got malfunctioning Joy-cons?

• Yes-Post your issue in the comments

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • No-Leave your opinions on what you think about the joy-con as a controller

Votes: 29 38.2%

• Total voters

Chevanton1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't go to the place you bought it. Call up Nintendo Support and get them repaired under warranty (for free). Those problems should definitley be covered, unless you have been dropping your Switch from like thousands of feet.

Quite near to throw it away ;)
Thank you for the suggestion

Reactions: aykay55

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can't find myself with this yet.
Though I DO know that the range between console and controller is rubbish, I wouldn't call them 'The most unreliable'.
I drift a lot in mario kart. here, I noticed that with a greater distance, the console sort of thinks I'm still pressing the shoulder button, while I'm not.

That being said, for the audience they're trying to reach, it IS quite the unreliable controller...

I have the exact same same problem in MK, that or it won't take the joystick input into account. Did you find the source and a solution to this problem ?

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They never stay attached, the pin-rachet-catch-release things have eroded and the joycons can just slide off. They don't *fall* off, but holding the console while jumping up and down will make it fall. The release buttons are useless.

Because of this, the joycons *do not stay connected* in handheld mode. As in, They're physically attached BUT the slightes jar will cut the communication between the console and joycins and you drive off a cliff.

I dont have money for new ones. Yet.

D

Deleted User

Only issue I had is stick drift, which is fixed now. And oddly, my left and right joycons on occasion refusing to charge while connected to the system.

Harampapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi can someone help me out. well just yesterday my switch was working fine in handheld mode. Next day i try to play in handheld mode it doesn’t recognize my right joycon i tried disconnecting the controllers from the settings and connecting them but it doesnt work as it only recognizes it in detached mode. The left joycon works fine. When i slide the right joycon in the switch it makes the snap sound everytime but still doesnt work. I looked at the connecter pins but they look fine. Can someone help me out with this please ? Is it the switch or the joycon ?

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the exact same same problem in MK, that or it won't take the joystick input into account. Did you find the source and a solution to this problem ?

Well..
To be honest, I just lean forward...
take the controllers closer to the switch and that seems to fix it for me.

Reactions: Ritsuki

cYcLoNe_AUT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Go to the shop you bought it from and give it to them. By european law the seller has to provide you 2 years. So give the joycon to them

I have to say that this is not correct. The warranty, which is non-obligatory from the manufacturer is in Nintendo's case 12 months. You can read this on Nintendos website. Unfortunately I can't post links. But there's a pdf with the warranty information in different languages.

What you mean is the statutory right from the consumer protection legislation in the EU. The right says that if a product has a failure at the time of purchase, then its the manufacturer's duty to fix it. This right is valid for 24 months.
So if your joycon worked at time of purchase and it's broken 15 months later, you're out of luck because it worked at purchase date.

I hope it's understandable what I wrote. I'm usually writing in german.

Last edited by cYcLoNe_AUT,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have to say that this is not correct. The warranty, which is non-obligatory from the manufacturer is in Nintendo's case 12 months. You can read this on Nintendos website. Unfortunately I can't post links. But there's a pdf with the warranty information in different languages.

What you mean is the statutory right from the consumer protection legislation in the EU. The right says that if a product has a failure at the time of purchase, then its the manufacturer's duty to fix it. This right is valid for 24 months.
So if your joycon worked at time of purchase and it's broken 15 months later, you're out of luck because it worked at purchase date.

I hope it's understandable what I wrote. I'm usually writing in german.
Not true, i brought in countless of controllers in to the shop and always gotnew ones

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. A couple months of play, no matter how light I am on the sticks. Usually up and down are affected with both joycons. After a while, the triggers too. Reminds me of the 64 days

cYcLoNe_AUT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Not true, i brought in countless of controllers in to the shop and always gotnew ones

Thats different. The shop is not Nintendo or is it? If the shop does this it was their decision. Not Nintendo's.
Trust me. I work in sales for many years now. I know what I'm talking about.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
joycons updated from system menu? stock firmware loses connection on the right con
There must be an issue I have just updated mine and the right joycon not detecting connected either. I wander if it’s an update fault by Nintendo?

Edit: how odd for some reason it seems to be ok now!

Last edited by Reecey,

BryanNigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got the joycon L disconnect/desync issue when I got my Switch last April. It would miss inputs and entirely disconnect sometimes. It would be nearly unplayable when not in handheld. I got to return it to Nintendo, they actually replaced with a new one instead of fixing it. Seemed to work fine but then it turned it has the same damn issue. I opened it and put conductive foam, does nothing. The R joycon works perfectly and always has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh