Homebrew Discussion ~Switch Ban Fear Attention~ (For those that fear bans)

Do you fear ban? (Select one from choice 1 and 2)

• Choice 1: Yes (Before reading post)

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • Choice 1: No (Before reading post)

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • Choice 2: Yes (After reading post)

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Choice 2: No (After reading post)

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
A thread like this is useless because some points are not correctly presented and the act of having fear of getting banned does not change the outcome of being banned or not.

Edit: and the ways of not being banned have already been discussed in many posts:

- Don't pirate/homebrew = use console as not intended
- Don't connect to the internet (it is not self banning, you are just not using a service provided by Nintendo)

The moment you do any of the above you subject yourself to being banned, so far not proven that you will be in each and all cases.

/Wait for someone to ask again and the endless loop of questions and replies repeats again

Last edited by Bullseye,

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem with the thread either. I would assume the people saying this is a useless thread are those who don't need to learn anything from the thread because they do not fear being banned anyways...
In which in that case the thread wasn't made for them anyways... O-o

The problem is you have a 13 page OP to say something simple, "If you modify your switch in anyway, offline or not, as soon as you go online afterwards you have the risk of being banned. So don't modify your switch period if you fear a ban."

nothing will stop the ban at the moment, even emunand. Every ban preventitive measure is just deterring the inevitable.

Last edited by enigma85,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't think the need to say it more than once is a problem? I do. So instead of saying the same thing one million times to people who still don't seem to understand I decided to make a 13 page post so we won't need to say "Do not be upset you were banned, you knew what you were getting into!" Everyone has said this one million times. Obviously people are still upset for whichever reason. Perhaps explaining why will help? There are no rules on how long your post is or if the content is worth being long or not. It's not a problem, if you don't like it then don't read it.

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have fear of ban becouse it's impossible: blocked on my firewall every outgoing connection, and set a custom DNS. In EU there aren't any Nintendo Spot so it's really impossible.

Anyway, as going online = ban then I don't get why should I ever make that, I would only lose something that perhaps in future i would like to use (emunand, sell, etc.).

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have fear of ban becouse it's impossible: blocked on my firewall every outgoing connection, and set a custom DNS. In EU there aren't any Nintendo Spot so it's really impossible.

Anyway, as going online = ban then I don't get why should I ever make that, I would only lose something that perhaps in future i would like to use (emunand, sell, etc.).

:) You understand.

BryanNigson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Jesus Christ OP. There must be better use for your time. The "How can I avoid ban?" threads will keep popping up and this accomplishes nothing other than you eventually realizing you're indeed a little boy yourself.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ OP. There must be better use for your time. The "How can I avoid ban?" threads will keep popping up and this accomplishes nothing other than you eventually realizing you're indeed a little boy yourself.
Your post is contradicting, sir

You criticize him, but yet you call him Jesus Christ OP

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I hacked my Switch for the sole purpose of backing up saves would there be a high chance of being banned? If there is, I'm probably going to wait until the next console is released to hack it and just depend on the cloud saves for now.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I hacked my Switch for the sole purpose of backing up saves would there be a high chance of being banned? If there is, I'm probably going to wait until the next console is released to hack it and just depend on the cloud saves for now.

Modifying your Nintendo Switch for ANY reason, even if it's to save humanity, will lead you to a ban.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modifying your Nintendo Switch for ANY reason, even if it's to save humanity, will lead you to a ban.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I really will wait until it's at the end of its lifetime. Which kind of stinks, but at least the cloud saves are there for now I guess.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I really will wait until it's at the end of its lifetime. Which kind of stinks, but at least the cloud saves are there for now I guess.

May I ask why exactly? Is it online play? Because if so then yeah. The lack of online play truly can be a bummer. :(

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why exactly? Is it online play? Because if so then yeah. The lack of online play truly can be a bummer. :(
It is for online play. My friends live somewhat far, so that's the only way we can play somewhat frequently with each other.

At least the Switch is better than the Wii U when it comes to saves. "We made it so you can copy your saves on a physical hard drive, but you can only copy them back onto that same account you got them from. We forgot to mention, your account is stuck on that one specific Wii U, so if it crashes or gets stolen you're out of luck. Oh well."

I really don't know what Nintendo is thinking when it comes to backing up saves. I miss the GC/Wii days.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for Wii U...

Accounts are stuck on one Wii U for video game "System activation" problems. They don't want people giving away their accounts that has literally everything bought on the eShop and everyone just downloading it and disconnecting from the internet so they can play them on many different consoles on the same profile. It IS INDEED possible to take your account off COMPLETELY but Nintendo is the ones to do it for you via internet or, if you do not have access to the Wii U, via serial number. So it's not entirely STUCK... But the process is calling Nintendo to remove your account. :/ Honestly at least we have external device saves unlike Nintendo Switch...

And ask yourself: Is playing with your friends more worth it than getting nay Switch game?
LOL I'm sure you asked yourself already. And when you own all of these different hacked consoles... The video games don't even mean anything anymore so it's better off keeping your online so you can enjoy something since even if you had no hacked Switch or Switch you have millions of other games ot keep you occupied so I completely understand the choices made here. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1