Homebrew Discussion ~Switch Ban Fear Attention~ (For those that fear bans)

Do you fear ban? (Select one from choice 1 and 2)

• Choice 1: Yes (Before reading post)

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • Choice 1: No (Before reading post)

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • Choice 2: Yes (After reading post)

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Choice 2: No (After reading post)

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contracts that require you to not do what you want with your things to be able to use your things (Nintendo has no online servers, it's all peer-to-peer; so don't pretend online play is their territory) are nonsense.

I just wanted to say this because I noticed you paying some lip service to the online contract "because it's Nintendo's." No, it really isn't. Nintendo is in the wrong here, all the way down.

Yes. That's why local play still works with Switch-Switch. Even when banned.

And LOL this thread. XD
Best way to conserve electricity?
Don't use it.

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
Staying offline (self ban) isn't the same as Nintendo banning you. In the future it may be possible to go online with a hacked switch, a Nintendo ban means this isn't possible at all.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much information.. for nothing lol seriously what's the point of this?

Because people fear bans for no reason. You tell me, what's the point of THAT?
If I said I was afraid of worms and someone explained... That is such a useless block of explanation for something so stupid... But the reason it was explained in the first place, if anything, is so stupid.

Staying offline (self ban) isn't the same as Nintendo banning you. In the future it may be possible to go online with a hacked switch, a Nintendo ban means this isn't possible at all.

Very true. That's why you stay offline to avoid a ban in case one day. Obviously being banned is a bad thing. Be offline and pretend you were already banned so when it ACTUALLY mattes one day if you are banned or not, you'd be prepared. If you hack your Switch, stay offline and forget online exists until these tools come out where online modded Switches don't matter.

Last edited by Grmmish,

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still uncertain whether this is a shitpost or if he actually tried to write up a comprehensive article.

Last edited by Kukielka,

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK what a shitpost is but fo people who fear bans, the point is hopefully they can begin to understand that they aren't losing anything and fearing is not ok if they modded their Switch. N reason to fear when they KNOW what they wee getting into. It's just a post to understand the morals of being afraid and that there really isn't anything there to fear. Lose a game? Well maybe you shouldn't have been playing that game anyway. Can't go online? Well you couldn't go online back in the days anyway. And if you don't want these thigns then don't mod your Switch. There is no reason for people to be in fear. The poll is public for people to see the results of them.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gibberish
You are repeating yourself here. Good luck on trying to convince ppl with "Hey, your fear is dumb".

Funfact, only pretentious assholes say: "I was kind enough"
This whole post seems more like a mockery than actually helping ppl out.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are repeating yourself here. Good luck on trying to convince ppl with "Hey, your fear is dumb".

Funfact, only pretentious assholes say: "I was kind enough"
This whole post seems more like a mockery than actually helping ppl out.

I find fear repulsive unless you live with happiness is all. I'm sure anyone could agree but I can agree perhaps my explanations aren't the greatest that exist. Perhaps you can do better? I will happily rewrite this post in a better format. (Sure many of you would say "What's the point" But again... What's the point of the fear?) I am not mocking people, just trying to fix a problem that may seem small, but you'd notice a difference when it isn't there.
For now I will remove the "Long version".

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I do not understand... Is this another coloration issue?
Unfortunately yes, take a look at this screenshot I just made on my phone

IMG_20180928_105617.jpg

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because uber-OP changed the text to black manually for his answers instead of leaving the standard color, which would've turned white in dark style.

My bad. XD I honestly thought black was the default but then I noticed it was slightly darker than the rest but didn't feel like going to fight the correct color, thinking black is fine.

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not valid. When you breath out you release CO2 which is good for the plants as they use it for photosynthesis, hence good for the environment.

/off track pretty useless thread

Only ONE way to TRULY save the environment...

Wrap it up in aluminum foil and put it in your refrigerator for later.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was a pretty informative thread, but everyone thinks otherwise.
I might have missed something, but meh. On my side,

if softmod = false & date >= October 5
Update(switch);

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem with the thread either. I would assume the people saying this is a useless thread are those who don't need to learn anything from the thread because they do not fear being banned anyways...
In which in that case the thread wasn't made for them anyways... O-o

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wtf?
Why?

Anyway, I chose both options, just because it's possible and makes sense just as this thread.

28-09-_2018_13-28-19.jpg

Last edited by D-Jay,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free