Hacking How Many of You Are Eating Crows Right Now?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Paying for piracy... lmao idiots.

I'll just keep buying my games, playing them without any worries, and enjoying the system.
We buy flash carts, we buy mod chips, we buy software to pull apart games. we buy cheat devices, we buy pieces of software to run on such things after being hacked... why not buy a custom firmware as well?

Similarly I am sure plenty of people could continue to buy the no games the system has, playing them without any worries if they consider online nowt but a nice perk and I guess theoretically it is possible to enjoy owning a Switch (or at least people have claimed such a thing).

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Paying for piracy... lmao idiots.

I'll just keep buying my games, playing them without any worries, and enjoying the system.

How is it idiotic to pay? "Playing them without any worries" covers paid or free piracy.

If you included all pirates then I'd understand your view point.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paying 30 dollars for pirating a 60 dollar game is still 30 dollar saved

lmao idiot

Paying $0 for a $60 game is $60 saved...

I guess impatient people are willing to pay money for anything. It's funny because within a month, this SX shit will be irrelevant as all the tools will be freely available.

"BUTT I NEED MUY GAYMES NOW!!!1!!1"

Reactions: Shirpie

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

I guess impatient people are willing to pay money for anything. It's funny because within a month, this SX shit will be irrelevant as all the tools will be freely available.

Not exactly money saved if you had no intention of spending it in the first place..

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah and within a month you'd spend that 30 dollars on some other crap anyway

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly money saved if you had no intention of spending it in the first place..

"it's not saving money if you aren't spending it"

Read what you just said, it makes no sense. If you aren't spending money, you're saving it. Whether you intended to spend it or not, that's called saving.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah and within a month you'd spend that 30 dollars on some other crap anyway

Like what? What would I spend $30 on?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This post is just as helpfull as the OP.

I don't see why people are taking such heavy stances on free vs paid. If someone wants to pay to have piracy now, that's fine. If someone wants to wait some more for a free alternative (mind you, it could be hours, days, weeks, months or even years until that really solidifies), that's fine as well.
But stop bashing each others head because of their choice.

None of you has a crystal ball to see into the future, wheter it is "you'll never have a free alternative" or "SX will be irrelevant this time next month".

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"it's not saving money if you aren't spending it"

Read what you just said, it makes no sense. If you aren't spending money, you're saving it. Whether you intended to spend it or not, that's called saving.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like what? What would I spend $30 on?
I don't know but I'm not gonna entertain you anymore

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This post is just as helpfull as the OP.

I don't see why people are taking such heavy stances on free vs paid. If someone wants to pay to have piracy now, that's fine. If someone wants to wait some more for a free alternative (mind you, it could be hours, days, weeks, months or even years until that really solidifies), that's fine as well.
But stop bashing each others head because of their choice.

None of you has a crystal ball to see into the future, wheter it is "you'll never have a free alternative" or "SX will be irrelevant this time next month".
Some people have nothing better to do with their lives. Pity them.

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said TX OS was going to get people banned, and light bans are happening.

I said I was going to wait for early adopters to test Nintendo Security and they are.

Now I will wait for the mass ban wave to hit the flagged systems/accounts.

Reactions: g00s3y

KamelRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf are you on about?? I was asking if the meaning was the same as eating humble pie. Did not know asking questions was against the law lol.

What if I had already told you the answer? Will you continue to repeat question marks in your replies? Or will you contemplate what has transpired thus far?

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for my beautiful SX Pro to arrive. In the meantime, I've just been enjoying the games I've already purchased. No crow here.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This topic is pointless and not constructive or helpful to the community at all.

Some people are riled up to the point of doing personal attacks against ktemkin as if they were entitled to something.

I preordered TX and am all for atmosphere and similar works too.

Nopt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For as long as most hackers in the scene are moralfags that don't like/don't want to be associated with piracy I'll gladly pay for it to support the hackers I care about ;)
Even if they release a free alternative to cut SX profits I'll still buy so they keep doing it for the next gen consoles as quickly as possible.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh, SX OS will be like Gateway. Everyone got super hyped and bragged about it and it died out a few years later because there was better options that didn't imply you to buy a software to abuse an exploit.
Anyone who defends Gateway as in, the best you can get for your 3DS is dead wrong, same goes for this. There will be better custom firmwares out soon enough with better backup loaders and Nintendo Network spoofing too... for free.
I just hope they won't brick consoles like Gateway did back in the day.

valyndaslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Guys, paying for SX OS is like paying for exclusive. You will get the golden first row ticket to be pirates and all those stuff.

The free alternative is coming out later, sure yes, i do believe that.
SX OS will be cracked soon, yes, i can believe that too.

Look at Apple, people were queuing for the new iPhone days before it is even on sale. There should be a lot sacrifice to be made to camps for days there (dont say they dont, unless you are that dumb). FOR WHAT? EXCLUSIVE. You gotta own the very first brand new iPhone just to satisfy your ego and wants, there you go.

The point is, if you do not want an EXCLUSIVE ticket to be pirates sooner than anybody, do not bash them. and the other way around for sure.
It is just the matter of ego and self fulfillment, so chill everyone.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interested in Homebrew, and i'm interested in waiting until things are more stable and everyone absolutely knows the limitations of what should and shouldn't be done. I'm absolutely not interested in piracy or 'back ups' full stop. I buy my games, and I intend to keep doing so - I like physical games too.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not paying $30 for something when a free alternative will probably be coming within a month or two. Also waiting until we have a clearer definition of what will and won't get us banned.

I'm specifically interested in whether people get banned from playing backups of legit cartridges that they own, and whether anyone gets banned when playing pirated games offline in case the Switch is keeping a log that it phones home to Nintendo with whenever it goes back online.

Definitely not "eating crow" right now. You'll be the one eating crow when you're banned and those who waited will still be able to play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay