Status
Not open for further replies.

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of people won't admit to piracy so they claim to have been banned for stuff like theming HOS or using homebrew while connected to the Internet :eyeroll: but really it's piracy. I was banned for piracy, and so was everyone I know who was banned. I've never actually met anyone who claimed IRL to have been banned for silly stuff like theming. Not when they have to look you in the eye while they say it.

I was banned for injecting a 100 % completed savefiles from a game, however, I didn't have the addons on my original game and didn't realised it back then. It took my a while to understand why I was banned because I never installed pirated content on my console
I wasn't using the switch to pirate games then but since I gor banned, I do use custom forwarder a lot.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was banned for injecting a 100 % completed savefiles from a game, however, I didn't have the addons on my original game and didn't realised it back then. It took my a while to understand why I was banned because I never installed pirated content on my console
I wasn't using the switch to pirate games then but since I gor banned, I do use custom forwarder a lot.
In other words, you were banned for unlocking content in your game that you didn't legally own, also known as piracy.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
17.0.0 will take time due to needed reworks. Downgrade to 16.1.0 in the meantime.
Sorry for the question, but I have seen different opinions on this topic.

Stock Switch with 17.0.0, unpatched. Can I generate an Emummc and downgrade it to 16.1.0 without burning fuses?
I would like to keep the ability to run the Stock OFW.

Reactions: Blythe93

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the question, but I have seen different opinions on this topic.

Stock Switch with 17.0.0, unpatched. Can I generate an Emummc and downgrade it to 16.1.0 without burning fuses?
I would like to keep the ability to run the Stock OFW.

of course you can downgrade an emuMMC, it has nothing to do with efuses (and this is not an opinion, just fact ;) )
If you wish, you can make one emuMMC per firmware (a waste of time and space, but possible) and you will not touch any efuse at all.

Reactions: Blythe93

DSharp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or install Kefir and run 17.0.0 without the need for patches.

This is a pre-release, launched exclusively to allow the use of the firmware for those who have already updated to 17.0.0 If your official firmware is lower, use KEFIR 710. Keep your emunand on 16.1.0! The firmware rollback is done in the same way as the restoration!

This is a bundle that consists of a modified Atmosphere, necessary programs and scripts that all install correctly. It was designed to make it easier to install and maintain software on a hacked Nintendo Switch. The changes made to Atmosphere are aimed at improving the quality of the user experience.

Kefirosphere features:

• Updating the firmware version to match the system version
  • Installing a specific memory card driver by default when updating the system
  • Removing the ACID signature check for using homebrew without patches
  • Removing system logging to prevent cluttering the memory card and excessive use
  • Redirecting saves from internal memory to the memory card when using the emuNAND command to reduce the likelihood of losing them when exiting the emuNAND command (optional)
h/t/t/p/s//codeberg.org/rashevskyv/kefir/releases

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Everyone recommends 16.1.0 now and not using 17.0.0. So stop with the signature patches claims since they're incomplete and the main "signature patches" thread will have the latest when they're ready.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Everyone recommends 16.1.0 now and not using 17.0.0. So stop with the signature patches claims since they're incomplete and the main "signature patches" thread will have the latest when they're ready.
Well, I think some confusion has been created regarding sigpatches for 17.0.0. I have seen people claiming them are out, but actually are for 16.1.0

I've just downgraded my Emummc to 16.1.0 and I will stay until a stable pack for 17.0.0 is finally released

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I think some confusion has been created regarding sigpatches for 17.0.0. I have seen people claiming them are out, but actually are for 16.1.0

I've just downgraded my Emummc to 16.1.0 and I will stay until a stable pack for 17.0.0 is finally released
No there is 17.0.0 patches, but not fully. They work for 95% of all games etc. But not all.

Reactions: minimanimo

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
No there is 17.0.0 patches, but not fully. They work for 95% of all games etc. But not all.
For some the games that don't work (tha don't have the nca header modified) you can do this, Install the game then use nxdumptool to dump to nsp as a ticketless dump, then remove the game and reinstall the ticketless dump. I've done that for a few games that didn't work and now they do.

As for patches, nro forwarders still don't work, either do xci games that have the nca header modified (hence tinwoo no longer changes the distribution bit to 0 when installing), I'm pretty sure we still need to find another fs patch though because when on FW 17 when I try and install a converted nsp to xci nro forwarder, I get the error about "Failed to openfilesystemwithid", maybe there's an fs issue reading the id from the nca and that's why it fails?. Still people with big brains are on the hunt and they think it's something to do with the Atmopshere NCA module. I don't really know much at all about how atmosphere works or how it patches the fw so I have no idea how to fix, I'd been adding print statements into Atmosphere and adding various mods but nothing so far has worked to show what's wrong. At this point I have given up and am waiting like everyone else.

Mothafuckka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated my Emummc to 17.0.0 and obviously it won't worked.

With the new Atmosphère version, I could turn back to 16.1 and the things got back to normal ;)
Maybe you can do the same.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
new to the Forum. just updated to 17.0 by mistake
been trying to install Mario wonder. with no joy. tryed different nsp files converted xci to nsp to no luck.
So i guess it needs 17.0 sigpatches to get it to install and play it.
Im on 16.1.0 and installed Mario wonder and plaey it with no issues.
No new sigpatches required

Reactions: Blythe93 and KiiWii

MYsteriu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looks like sigpatches for firmware 17.0.0 has been released, searching for "sigmapatches" in Google might help you find'em easier.

SirKira001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like sigpatches for firmware 17.0.0 has been released, searching for "sigmapatches" in Google might help you find'em easier.
It's weird because I looked the page like 5 minutes ago and said 17.0.0, I wasn't able to download, I did reload the page and now it's back to 16.1.0

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's weird because I looked the page like 5 minutes ago and said 17.0.0, I wasn't able to download, I did reload the page and now it's back to 16.1.0
They're downloadable now. Haven't tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w