Update to 17.0.0 on OFW, what to do with atmosphere?

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, a little problem again. Line in the titles already said, I'm not sure what I should do rn. I haven't updated my ofw yet and I don't know how I should proceed further. I have read a lot here that many users have a bricked switch and that scared me off of updating. Does anyone has a properly instruction what I need to do and how to update everything without bricking my switch?

My current cfw is still 16.0.0, I also don't really want to upgrade to 17.0.0. I only would like to update my ofw normally if that's possible.

Thanks again :)
Post automatically merged:

Btw I'm booting the CFW of the fussee.bin

Last edited by Mimikyu,

DecoTheEpicGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have an EmuNAND, it is probably safe to update, just ensure your EmuNAND is offline, if your updating on Stock SysNAND and if your on the latest Atmosphere version.

If your using SysNAND CFW, make sure you have followed those restrictions before updating

• Developers using their unique Switch data to poke and reverse-engineer Nintendos Server responses
  • People pirating games and using them online
  • People changing their profile pictures to custom pictures
  • People using savegame editors to unlock content that is not available yet and using it online (Splatoon 2)
  • People cheating online in general (Modifying Cart stats in MK8)
  • People installing homebrew NSP files, which Nintendo can pick up on with their telemetry
If you did follow those restrictions before updating, then your probably good to go, but im not a Switch Homebrew expert, so i apologize if any damages occur.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto