Hacking Feedback Picofly - Switch error code 2002-3539 in OFW (17.0.0 and 17.0.1)

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I modded my Mariko with a picofly 2040 a couple month ago. For the soldering connections I used the V2 ribbon cable. My picofly chip is currently on the latest version 2.75. I also updated everything on my SD-Card with the latest HATS Pack v1.6.2.

However, I recently noticed, that I'm getting the error code 2002-3539 whenever I try to log back into my Nintendo Account (in the OFW with no Atmosphere patches). This occured first when I updated to Switch Firmware 17.0.0 and also on 17.0.1.

As adviced by sthetix I tried to reconnect my NAND-Chip directly back on the switch mainboard (without connection to picofly) and everything works fine again in OFW.

Does anyone else had this issue?
I would really like to know, what is causing this and how to fix it?
Sthetix said, that it might have to do with the picofly chip itself. Did Nintendo fix something in firmware 17.0.0 and 17.0.1 that detects the picofly now?

I already initialized the OFW via maintenance mode and was able to get back into the menu to switch into flightmode real quick.

But I'm now a bit affraid to turn the internet back on😅

Your help is much appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

Is nobody facing the same issues?

Also my read/write speeds of my emmc seem to be okay...

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_182149.jpg
    IMG_20240113_182149.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240114_174225.jpg
    IMG_20240114_174225.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by KingMasta1991,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi guys, I modded my Mariko with a picofly 2040 a couple month ago. For the soldering connections I used the V2 ribbon cable. My picofly chip is currently on the latest version 2.75. I also updated everything on my SD-Card with the latest HATS Pack v1.6.2.

However, I recently noticed, that I'm getting the error code 2002-3539 whenever I try to log back into my Nintendo Account (in the OFW with no Atmosphere patches). This occured first when I updated to Switch Firmware 17.0.0 and also on 17.0.1.

As adviced by sthetix I tried to reconnect my NAND-Chip directly back on the switch mainboard (without connection to picofly) and everything works fine again in OFW.

Does anyone else had this issue?
I would really like to know, what is causing this and how to fix it?
Sthetix said, that it might have to do with the picofly chip itself. Did Nintendo fix something in firmware 17.0.0 and 17.0.1 that detects the picofly now?

I already initialized the OFW via maintenance mode and was able to get back into the menu to switch into flightmode real quick.

But I'm now a bit affraid to turn the internet back on😅

Your help is much appreciated!

Is nobody facing the same issues?

Also my read/write speeds of my emmc seem to be okay...
What is the resistor value used by the picofly on CMD/Dat0/CLK line?

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to check that. But my read/write speeds are okay. So it shouldn't be a resistor issue right?

This is how my Picofly Board looks like

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_165119.jpg
    IMG_20240117_165119.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 25

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the resistor value used by the picofly on CMD/Dat0/CLK line?

I just checked the resistor values and they are indeed as follows:
b = 50 Ohm
d = 50 Ohm
a = 50 Ohm
c = 240 Ohm

So should I just start with replacing c with 100 Ohm or should I directly exchange a and c?

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
b = 50 Ohm
d = 50 Ohm
a = 50 Ohm
c = 240 Ohm

So should I just start with replacing c with 100 Ohm or should I directly exchange a and c?
Those are the normal readings for these chips, just checked a couple from different suppliers.

A problem with the connections in the flex or the emmc module connectors on the chip could cause intermittent problems. A cracked solder joint or damage to the flex during shipping maybe.
Cracked solder ball under emmc maybe causing emmc initialisation issue with Hekate.

What brand emmc does your console have

Swapping the chip out would be the best way to troubleshoot if that's possible, or another emmc module if you have one.

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those are the normal readings for these chips, just checked a couple from different suppliers.

A problem with the connections in the flex or the emmc module connectors on the chip could cause intermittent problems. A cracked solder joint or damage to the flex during shipping maybe.
Cracked solder ball under emmc maybe causing emmc initialisation issue with Hekate.

What brand emmc does your console have

Swapping the chip out would be the best way to troubleshoot if that's possible, or another emmc module if you have one.
I have a Samsung chip. I also just thought about just ordering a new chip. Maybe the new RP2040 boards have the right resistors on them. I'm a bit afraid of soldering these tiny 0402 resistors😅

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Samsung chip. I also just thought about just ordering a new chip. Maybe the new RP2040 boards have the right resistors on them. I'm a bit afraid of soldering these tiny 0402 resistors😅

Testing another chip would be the most simple first step. The borads i just tested for resistances are from 2 different suppliers and only ordered in the last week or so and all have the same readings as yours.
Hairline crack in the copper inside the flex or bad connection/cracked solder could cause some ringing and interferance. or maybe the crystal oscillator on your chip is acting up. weird how you have good speeds in tests.

Changing the resistors on these may be a challenge even with good soldering equipment. the pcb/substrate of these chips is weak, and with aluminium base that will suck heat away from where you are soldering.

Reactions: KingMasta1991

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
b = 50 Ohm
d = 50 Ohm
a = 50 Ohm
c = 240 Ohm

If you're not confident on changing it, then don't.
Its not easy to change 0204 smd.

If you follows the main thread of picofly. At first rehius use 47/47/47 configuration. Then in the mean time when you got some problem with emmc, replace it with 100ohms. And its working like that until now. But of course any custom board maker could use their own recipe. I myself use 100/100/47 as default.

I suspect when you're log back, hos write some data on the emmc and somehow its failed hence the error. I wonder if you're playing game, and saving the game will it throws error too? Of course its only happened on OFW, no problem if you're on emuemmc, since its not using emmc at all.

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're not confident on changing it, then don't.
Its not easy to change 0204 smd.

If you follows the main thread of picofly. At first rehius use 47/47/47 configuration. Then in the mean time when you got some problem with emmc, replace it with 100ohms. And its working like that until now. But of course any custom board maker could use their own recipe. I myself use 100/100/47 as default.

I suspect when you're log back, hos write some data on the emmc and somehow its failed hence the error. I wonder if you're playing game, and saving the game will it throws error too? Of course its only happened on OFW, no problem if you're on emuemmc, since its not using emmc at all.
I haven't tried playing a game in OFW since this error occured but it always appeared when I tried to open eshop or at the login page.

But I will now wait until my new RP2040 board arrives.
If that will have the same issues, I will try my luck with soldering the 100ohm resistors.

I will definitely give you guys an update then😊

Reactions: jedi23

KingMasta1991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still waiting for my new RP2040 to arrive from china...

EDIT:
The new chip just arrived and I installed it already. Seems like the "slow emmc" issue is solved, without fiddeling with the resistors.
Thanks for your help guys!

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
17.0.1 bricked your console how fix is dowenload hat 17.0.1 pack.
See wifi chip on motherboard any heat damge.
Are you boot to ofw.
Are there game card in.
Some time If you have unpatched switch rcm and load GPT mmc by tegra rcm app see what console show If this msg. Error during lazma (mmc) mean you are damge cpu or must replace some chip.
Of you have patched console are you see batrray info.
Befor you will kill console for ever. 👏

Last edited by Danook28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto