How long will it take the people behind the sigpatches to work on 17.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering how people "accidentally" update? In order for me to update, I have to literally go out of my way to seek out the firmware update files, put them on an sd card, and install them with some home brew program.

Reactions: Thorhax and BigOnYa

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm just wondering how people "accidentally" update? In order for me to update, I have to literally go out of my way to seek out the firmware update files, put them on an sd card, and install them with some home brew program.
Usually they have a little brother that has a friend from out of town that has "borrowed" the switch, then they accidentaly put in a wifi password to connect to the net, turn on automatic updates and then update. Or they just blame it on the dog. These types of people never take responsibility for their own actions which seems to be the way of most younger people these days - everything is always someone else's fault in their minds - unless the thing they did was good and then they are happy to take the credit.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Switch is connected to the Internet, HOS will see that an update is available and pester you about it every time you try to launch a game, with three options: Update, Start Software and Cancel. Update is selected by default, so a slip of the finger is all it takes. I've done this before.

Fezaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard that It will take longer than usual for the 17.0.0 sigpatches to be released, they are saying that It requires a major rework due to the nature of the FW update but I hope It comes out soon.

thank you MYsteriu. Do you know where they will post the signature patches once made?

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

For me was going back to stock, because I wanted a fresh install and thought, lets update the OFW so I can make a backup of the latest firmware from a clean device. Did not know about the warning about the firmware update, I was out of the loop because I hardly use my Switch. So it's no big deal I need to wait now, but that's how I got updated, haha.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I did it several times on the past. When you have a stock nand to play online (like I do), a message pops up asking for update, if you hit A the update begins. This screen is very intrusive, and if you mash A when start a game (or return from home screen to a game mashing A) it will update.

There are means to not get this message, but not everybody knows and some are lazy (like I am) to do something about it.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve done it before I was too lazy to block system updates thinking I could just click ignore every time I launched a game until I got lazy one day and was spamming the A button (cause that makes it load faster)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is connected to the Internet, HOS will see that an update is available and pester you about it every time you try to launch a game, with three options: Update, Start Software and Cancel. Update is selected by default, so a slip of the finger is all it takes. I've done this before.

For me was going back to stock, because I wanted a fresh install and thought, lets update the OFW so I can make a backup of the latest firmware from a clean device. Did not know about the warning about the firmware update, I was out of the loop because I hardly use my Switch. So it's no big deal I need to wait now, but that's how I got updated, haha.

I did it several times on the past. When you have a stock nand to play online (like I do), a message pops up asking for update, if you hit A the update begins. This screen is very intrusive, and if you mash A when start a game (or return from home screen to a game mashing A) it will update.

There are means to not get this message, but not everybody knows and some are lazy (like I am) to do something about it.

I’ve done it before I was too lazy to block system updates thinking I could just click ignore every time I launched a game until I got lazy one day and was spamming the A button (cause that makes it load faster)
I forgot that I did incognito like years ago, so even if I tried to purposely update, it errors out. I was confused how people were accidentally updating, when it's a pain in the ass for me to purposely update, to the point where I skip multiple updates. lol
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-incognito/

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I forgot that I did incognito like years ago, so even if I tried to purposely update, it errors out. I was confused how people were accidentally updating, when it's a pain in the ass for me to purposely update, to the point where I skip multiple updates. lol
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-incognito/
That's cool but I don't care about a ban. It's my extra Switch. I also have a Switch Lite that I use legally, this Switch is a launch Switch so I use it to experiment with it and test games before I buy them. So a ban will not be the end of the world. That's also why I can wait until the 1.7.0.0 thing is solved/stable. But thanks for the icognito thing, fun thing to try.

But I have had CFW on it before, with 90DNS which blocked everything, is it still something I can and need to use or is my serialnumber out there already? Again, I don't care about a ban but precautions are always good to use :)

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
That's cool but I don't care about a ban. It's my extra Switch. I also have a Switch Lite that I use legally, this Switch is a launch Switch so I use it to experiment with it and test games before I buy them. So a ban will not be the end of the world. That's also why I can wait until the 1.7.0.0 thing is solved/stable. But thanks for the icognito thing, fun thing to try.

But I have had CFW on it before, with 90DNS which blocked everything, is it still something I can and need to use or is my serialnumber out there already? Again, I don't care about a ban but precautions are always good to use :)
Bad updates can lead to a nand brick, ban is not the first concern with that. Ban is something that I don't understand at all. I used to be ultra careful, but now I even run piracy on stock firmware, and I'm waiting for my ban, and nothing happened yet but in this forums there are people that got banned for silly reasons.

Reactions: Blythe93

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
but in this forums there are people that got banned for silly reasons.
A lot of people won't admit to piracy so they claim to have been banned for stuff like theming HOS or using homebrew while connected to the Internet :eyeroll: but really it's piracy. I was banned for piracy, and so was everyone I know who was banned. I've never actually met anyone who claimed IRL to have been banned for silly stuff like theming. Not when they have to look you in the eye while they say it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A lot of people won't admit to piracy so they claim to have been banned for stuff like theming HOS or using homebrew while connected to the Internet :eyeroll: but really it's piracy. I was banned for piracy, and so was everyone I know who was banned. I've never actually met anyone who claimed IRL to have been banned for silly stuff like theming. Not when they have to look you in the eye while they say it.
I personally hope my Switch is banned. It should be.

Jeffyswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new to the Forum. just updated to 17.0 by mistake
been trying to install Mario wonder. with no joy. tryed different nsp files converted xci to nsp to no luck.
So i guess it needs 17.0 sigpatches to get it to install and play it.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Super Mario Wonder requires 16.0.3, I think. It works perfectly fine for me on 16.1.0.
You can downgrade to 16.1.0 via Daybreak and use these sigpatches for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1 (pre-release). You can find firmware files on a certain site we aren't allowed to link to (quick Google search is all it takes to find it).

Or you can wait for the sigpatches to be released for 17.0.0. Whatever suits you best.

EDIT: Welcome aboard. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP