Misc how is battleing in pokemon diamond and pearl?

bolton2

bolton2
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know pokemon has wifi, and i wondered if it had wifi battleing?

if it does infact have tradeing and battleing, how is it going so far. by that i mean are people getting away with cheating using gameshark pokemon or does nintendo have any security for people like that for it.

only reason i ask is that im perparing my gba lineup now so when diamond and pearl comes out in the us i will be ready, but if cheaters are going to get away with just hacking thier pokemon and whatnot, then there would be no point in me transfering anything from saphire and fire red or wifi battleing for that matter.

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Havent done it yet, just got the game, but from forums I've read, there is alot of cheatin on the trading side. there is cloning glitches and people can use action replay and get away with it. But on battling terms they make sure that [pokemon were caught at aceptable levels (meaning only lvs they are catchable at) and they can only know attacks they can learn but leveling, eggmoves, and Tm/hm. But if you only plan on battling with friends and for fun, theirs no rankings anyway.
tongue.gif

bolton2

bolton2
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Havent done it yet, just got the game, but from forums I've read, there is alot of cheatin on the trading side. there is cloning glitches and people can use action replay and get away with it. But on battling terms they make sure that [pokemon were caught at aceptable levels (meaning only lvs they are catchable at) and they can only know attacks they can learn but leveling, eggmoves, and Tm/hm. But if you only plan on battling with friends and for fun, theirs no rankings anyway.
tongue.gif

true, but all hoped for a metroid prime hunters tourney were trashed cause of that stupid trainer. for those of us who earn our pokemon and train them the hard way, dont want to play a team of mews that were sharked. if cheating could be done in battleing, the chances of a gbatemp pokemon tourney would be incredeblly low. although i do believe leveling up with rare candies makes your pokemon stats lower, but i cant be sure, havent gotten back into it since the gbc days lol.

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can't read a word of Japanese. How do you ppl play the game if it's only been released in Japan? All of you can read Japanese?
I really badly want to play it but I need a US or European version...
frown.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't read a word of Japanese. How do you ppl play the game if it's only been released in Japan? All of you can read Japanese?
I really badly want to play it but I need a US or European version...
frown.gif
The majority of it is basic hiragana/katakana. With 2 years of Jap in high school and 1 in college, I can understand a good bit of it. At least enough to not be completely lost
tongue.gif
Nonetheless, it shouldn't be too long for the US version :/

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
only reason i ask is that im perparing my gba lineup now so when diamond and pearl comes out in the us i will be ready, but if cheaters are going to get away with just hacking thier pokemon and whatnot, then there would be no point in me transfering anything from saphire and fire red or wifi battleing for that matter.

You do realize that they have pretty much changed the basis of the pokemon battle physics. Most pokemon which may seen good in the GBA versions may seem useless or weak in the new versions, and vice versa with the pokemon seen as bad in the GBA versions. This is because they now made the specialatk/atk based on the type of the move, whether it is physical (ie. punch), or special (thunderbolt), etc,etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    +3
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you communicate to others will determine how others will treat you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No not really some people just act a certain way to please the crowd it's the internet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, there's those also, they act entirely different compared to their RL persona
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even in life you have fake crumbs that act a certain way just to please other friends
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i call those just asskissers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can spend years talking to each other and stop suddenly just because others don't like you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goes back to the oh I wanna fit in with this crowd type
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't even have blood related family members left that I can talk to anymore, everyone is estranged
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live by if it happens to you it can happen to them and most likely will so fuck them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's funny how life works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A cycle of payback and I told you so
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sometimes I don't know if I'm frustated or happy

:wacko:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanted to jerk off but my straight jacket won't let me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    wait,...BDSM don't use straight jackets, what kinda horsin' around are you even up to? nevermind, dun wanna know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    good luck, dun get butraped by ancientboi and you're gud
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Other way around ancientboi wants to be buttraped
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Only if you're too close to where he is.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I didn't sleep earlier because I spent the night completing a bunch achievements in my favorite mega man x game
    NinStar @ NinStar: I didn't sleep earlier because I spent the night completing a bunch achievements in my favorite...