how is battleing in pokemon diamond and pearl?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by bolton2, Jan 15, 2007.

Jan 15, 2007
  1. bolton2
    OP

Member bolton2 bolton2

United States
    I know pokemon has wifi, and i wondered if it had wifi battleing?

if it does infact have tradeing and battleing, how is it going so far. by that i mean are people getting away with cheating using gameshark pokemon or does nintendo have any security for people like that for it.

only reason i ask is that im perparing my gba lineup now so when diamond and pearl comes out in the us i will be ready, but if cheaters are going to get away with just hacking thier pokemon and whatnot, then there would be no point in me transfering anything from saphire and fire red or wifi battleing for that matter.

2. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Havent done it yet, just got the game, but from forums I've read, there is alot of cheatin on the trading side. there is cloning glitches and people can use action replay and get away with it. But on battling terms they make sure that [pokemon were caught at aceptable levels (meaning only lvs they are catchable at) and they can only know attacks they can learn but leveling, eggmoves, and Tm/hm. But if you only plan on battling with friends and for fun, theirs no rankings anyway. [​IMG]

3. bolton2
    OP

Member bolton2 bolton2

United States

true, but all hoped for a metroid prime hunters tourney were trashed cause of that stupid trainer. for those of us who earn our pokemon and train them the hard way, dont want to play a team of mews that were sharked. if cheating could be done in battleing, the chances of a gbatemp pokemon tourney would be incredeblly low. although i do believe leveling up with rare candies makes your pokemon stats lower, but i cant be sure, havent gotten back into it since the gbc days lol.

4. moloko23

Member moloko23 GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    I can't read a word of Japanese. How do you ppl play the game if it's only been released in Japan? All of you can read Japanese?
    I really badly want to play it but I need a US or European version... [​IMG]

5. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    The majority of it is basic hiragana/katakana. With 2 years of Jap in high school and 1 in college, I can understand a good bit of it. At least enough to not be completely lost [​IMG] Nonetheless, it shouldn't be too long for the US version :/

6. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    april isnt it?

7. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    April 22 according to wiki.

8. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You do realize that they have pretty much changed the basis of the pokemon battle physics. Most pokemon which may seen good in the GBA versions may seem useless or weak in the new versions, and vice versa with the pokemon seen as bad in the GBA versions. This is because they now made the specialatk/atk based on the type of the move, whether it is physical (ie. punch), or special (thunderbolt), etc,etc

9. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    can anyone tell me how to access wifi so i can battle, ive tried and dont understand.