How do i use a mother 3 sav i downloaded in my 3 in 1?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JJBro1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JJBro1
    OP

JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    I accidentally deleted my mother 3 sav from my NOR in my 3 in 1 and now i have found a save file from starmen.net. I renamed the sav file to the rom name but it still doesn't recognize the save file on my 3 in 1. Am i doing this right?

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    if the save file wasn't dumped from a 3in1 (mother 3 requires a SRAM patch anyways to run on a 3in1) in the first place, it would not be compatible.

3. JJBro1
    OP

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    there's no converter out there?

4. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    I don't think there is one, you might have to start over or ask if someone has a save file with nearly the same stuff where you last left off.

I normally back up the save before I start the my games in NOR so I only lose whatever recent. you might want to make that a habit yourself.

5. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    United States
    Download a gba emulator. Load the save using unpatched (non-sram patched) rom. Create a savestate.
    Load the sram patched mother 3 rom and load the savestate. Find a froggy and save your game.
    Wala! Send your save to your cart and Enjoy mother 3

6. JJBro1
    OP

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    So how do i send my send it to my cart? It won't save in any other format except a visual advance file or a battery which won't work in the 3 in 1.

7. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    United States
    Hopefully this should work out for you http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1354
    From what I understand you just need to patch it to the original save file size used for gba games for your ez-3-in-1 cart.

8. JJBro1
    OP

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    ok i have the save file, now what folder do i put it in so it can be recognized by mother 3 in NOR?

9. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    United States
    I don't own the card so I'm playing this all by ear. Ill try some more digging tomorrow.

10. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    if your using gba exploader to load gba games, it should be GBA_SAVE folder or whatever you have defined as the save folder in the ini file.

11. JJBro1
    OP

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    i've done this and whenever i try to play the game it just tells me to start a new game.

12. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Have you tried the option of writing sav to sram (or something like that) in gbaexploader?