Gaming How can I use the European E-Shop to digi DL Bravely Default?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tbh, several games have been released in European regions first by Nintendo, it's something I quite enjoy since for once, we're not the ones holding on to play the game (I had to wait several wears to play Overclocked on the 3DS, one year for Harvest Moon New Leaf, and who knows how long for all the other Atlus games. z.z).
Tales of the Abyss, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, One Piece Romance Dawn, Bravely Default, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, among others, are true heroes that showed some mercy on us European players. x3

And then there's those three Wii RPG's, Pandoras Tower, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. I absolutely loved all the rage. x3

scubamage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently they're taking longer to release it in NA because they're censoring part of the game? I am just hearing some rumors about it. But pics between the JP and EU version seem to confirm it:
mk1SxaP.jpg

fatcat1413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPN and NA Games are always diff, JPN is such on a high altitude so they're used to the nose bleeds such games they get cause, atleast from what heard :mellow:

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the game gets Censored/Edited before it reaches NA. the 3DS's main audience in the US is kids and teens.

for example,over in Japan, even kids-adults shows can be rated MA when aired in the US. it seems some content that is acceptable for kids there is not here. same goes for games.

(keeps thinking of how it sucks that this is a big part of why the show "Case Closed" (Detective Conan) only ran like 50 episodes in on Adult Swim in 2004 then died, it was rated MA, but it is a kids-adults show in Japan. if only it had the chance to air during the day on Cartoon Network, it could have survived like Pokemon did :/
it also bugs me that one one Detective Conan game was ever translated to English (Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation) out of the at least a dozen games out for the PS1,PS2,PSP,GB,GBC,GBA,DS, and 3DS.(exc. Wonderswan as it was released in Japan only)

Even Pokemon gets censored, I know for a fact that "Damn" is said multiple times during Pocket Monsters: The Origin, but not once during the English dubbed version, Pokemon Origins.

Personally, I am tired of games and shows being censored/edited for the US audience. but I guess that is a fact I will need to get used to.
If it ends up bothering me any more, especially when some games and shows are not even given the chance to be sold in the US, I will take the time to learn Japanese and just import games (either via rom's via Gateway or via a Japanese 3DS.
by doing that, I can go around most of this BS that we who live outside Japan have to deal with when it comes to playing/watching stuff made there. but it is still BS that I would need to import a Japanese 3DS when a US one is perfectly capable hardware wise of playing Japanese releases and that I would need to resort to importing games you cannot buy them digitally (at least not easily) on a Japanese 3DS with no way to use use Paypal or something that allows auto converts currency.

there, my mini rant is over.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it also bugs me that one one Detective Conan game was ever translated to English (Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation) out of the at least a dozen games out for the PS1,PS2,PSP,GB,GBC,GBA,DS, and 3DS.(exc. Wonderswan as it was released in Japan only)
I can tell you that besides one game (Detective Conan: The Dawn Monument / GBA), rest of them are medicore at best. Sadly that GBA game doesn't catch people attention, probably because the storyline is a lot more mature than what you expect from Detective Conan.

Japanese do have some video game censoring from time to time. For example in Dangan Ronpa developers had to use pink blood because of Japanese law.

@OP
BD will be out in February for US, so just wait. You cannot access other region's eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-