Gaming Can I Use UK Download Codes For European E-Shop Account?

bkkblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm British but I live in Thailand, and currently have an American 3DS. At the end of the year I will be moving to Ireland where I plan to replace my American 3DS with a European New 3DS XL.

Recently I have bought some download codes online from UK sellers - Mario Kart, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Pocket Football Club as they were pretty cheap.

However, now I realize it would be better to set up my e-shop account for Europe (Ireland) rather than for the UK as the games are cheaper in euros than pounds. Will I still be able to use my UK bought codes if I set up my e-shop account as Europe/Ireland?

Thanks

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UK = PAL = Europe

Yes you can use these on an European System. But if you mean US Download Codes these will not working on an European 3DS.

bkkblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks guys. I do mean UK codes - the Mario Kart one was from a UK e-bay seller, but the other two are the 'code in a box' type from an online retailer (coolshop).

I think Yoshi9288 is probably (hopefully!) correct, because I've noticed German and Danish e-bay sellers selling download codes on e-bay UK for NSMB2.

It's kind of irritating though that prices for the UK e-shop are around 20% more than the rest of Europe, and even more compared to the US.

Now I just have to decide whether to get a black New 3DS XL from Nintendo or a Gold Majora's Mask New 3DS XL from e-bay. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.