Hacking Can I use an R4 flashcard and the Nintendo services (E-shop) without risk of ban or brick?

Tecnicinismo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I got a "New" 2DS XL and also an R4 flashcard, latest version.

I updated my console and I've been buying some games from the e-shop as well as having some phisical ones for 3DS system.

My question is if there's any risk of being Banned from using any online functions on other 3DS games or if there's any risk of brick to your console.

I'm not planning on hacking the console honestly.

I mainly just want it to play some DS single player games like Phoenix Wright and Phantom Hourglass.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a "New" 2DS XL and also an R4 flashcard, latest version.

I updated my console and I've been buying some games from the e-shop as well as having some phisical ones for 3DS system.

My question is if there's any risk of being Banned from using any online functions on other 3DS games or if there's any risk of brick to your console.

I'm not planning on hacking the console honestly.

I mainly just want it to play some DS single player games like Phoenix Wright and Phantom Hourglass.
Nope

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if, in a future, Nintendo releases another update for the 3DS software?

You're telling me there isn't a single precaution when using an R4 flashcard on a console that's constantly using online services as buying games or playing with friends?
Flashcards have existed since the beginning of the 3ds, and they work by tricking the 3ds into thinking it is playing a DS game.

If the 3ds legitimately thinks it is handling a DS game how could there be risk?

Nintendo doesn't even ban you for pirating the entire 3ds library, so no way they do it over a DS flash cartridge the system cannot even discern from a real DS cartridge.

There is zero risk. Besides this the 3ds will probably not get any more major updates.

Tecnicinismo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Flashcards have existed since the beginning of the 3ds, and they work by tricking the 3ds into thinking it is playing a DS game.

If the 3ds legitimately thinks it is handling a DS game how could there be risk?

Nintendo doesn't even ban you for pirating the entire 3ds library, so no way they do it over a DS flash cartridge the system cannot even discern from a real DS cartridge.

There is zero risk. Besides this the 3ds will probably not get any more major updates.

Thanks for such a complete response. I guess that is easier that the R4 itself stops working before Nintendo bans me from their store then.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi