Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Oooh is this the doc you see them filming in the film? Il watch it in the next hour or two!!!
yaypsp.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Oooh is this the doc you see them filming in the film? Il watch it in the next hour or two!!!
yaypsp.gif

It's not mate, the bit you see them filming in the film was from a 5 minute LWT news story. This is a full Panorama episode. Cass doesn't really get interviewed in it but you see him all through it in the sidelines. The real Prentice is in the doc though.
smile.gif
And if you've seen Rise Of The Footsoldier there's a part in this doc with Carlton Leach in it. There's a part about half way through where there's a guy who says "Call yourselves West Ham, we used to walk down there..." to some West Ham fans standing by a bus, the guy doing the yelling is Carlton Leach before the steroids.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The news piece was pretty interesting but I've never seen it on any vid sites anywhere. This doc is pretty good because it doesn't really pull any punches. You see a big brawl between the red army and the ICF and there's alot of interviews with ICF members. You don't really see any of the major players except Cass Pennant and Carlton Leach, there's no Bill Gardner or anyone like that. Most had left the football scene by the time this doc was made. I don't know if you ever saw the BBC film called The Firm wth Gary Oldman but it was made shortly after this and was kind of based off the info in it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
moozxy said:
p1ngpong said:
yaypsp.gif
yo dawg..

Yeah so whats your point? I watched the first half yesterday and didnt get a chance to watch it all till now!

Stop trolling and bullying me man!

PLEASE!!!!
frown.gif

edit: I see you there moozxy, all "Anonymous" like a crazed troll bully!

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, what I understood from that is, that these people fight for their team and sport. They do it because they like it and/or for loyalty. I'm not gonna go ahead and judge this one way or the other, since I don't know what it's like, and I'm in Canada
wink.gif
we don't have anything like that hear (not that I know of). It's kind of honourable that they fight the people that want to fight, rather than anybody. What I don't understand is how this occurred at the start.

Does this stuff still go on? In my opinion it's kinda barbaric. I hope you aren't like this Trolley.
cry.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Just watched it now, good doc. My favourite part is when the hooligans are all on a train and the camera zooms in on some little girl scouts crying lol
yaypsp.gif

Yea, it kind of puts paid to the whole "The only people that get affected are other hooligans" claim don't it!

Cablephish said:
So, what I understood from that is, that these people fight for their team and sport. They do it because they like it and/or for loyalty. I'm not gonna go ahead and judge this one way or the other, since I don't know what it's like, and I'm in Canada
wink.gif
we don't have anything like that hear (not that I know of). It's kind of honourable that they fight the people that want to fight, rather than anybody. What I don't understand is how this occurred at the start.

Does this stuff still go on? In my opinion it's kinda barbaric. I hope you aren't like this Trolley.
cry.gif

Originally hooliganism started out as a different thing. Have you ever played a game called "King of the Hill"? What it was originally was fans of one team would sneak into the other teams fans stands, then when the game was in mid flow start chanting their teams name/singing anthems. The fans would then scuffle and try and get the opposite fans out of the stand. Eventually though it grew into full on violence, and in the 80s it became a really big problem.

It still goes on now but it's a very underground scene, in the 80's it was a really open problem. And no, I'm not like this!

p1ngpong said:
QUOTE(Cablephish @ Dec 31 2008, 05:35 PM)
cry.gif

Didnt you see Dave in the film? Hes in half the scenes!

WEST AAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaypsp.gif

IIIIIIIIIIIIII CCCCCCCCCCCC FFFFFFFFFFFFF!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on anything. https://youtu.be/bI4fjtp4Ddg?si=sgYfxn5v21u9nj6f
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on anything...