OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi
biggrin.gif

I want to edit a wad (it was a forwarder to Wii64) and inject the Wii64 boot.dol (not a forwarder).
I opened wadder, edited the icon, the music and I injected the DOL.
I set the ID to N64C and the title to Canale Nintendo64 (Nintendo64 Channel).

How can I install a wad?
Can I recover if I brick? I have Bootmii on Boot2, Do I have to backup the nand (I prefer not doing this, my sd slot is strange and it reads the SD only if I press it with the finger or with something when the wii reads\writes on the SD, if I don't press the SD the wii says it can't use the object in the SD slot) or I can restore without backupping booting straight to the HBC and deleting the wad with Any Title Deleter?
Can I test the banner and the icon on the pc?

EDIT: Huh, I forgot a question xD How can I check if the channel is region free and if it isn't change his region to PAL or region free?

pigii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
install wads with wad manager, if you have bootmii on boot2 with a nand backup then yes you can recover from almost anything

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
-Blaziken- said:
How can I install a wad?

Use Wad manager 1.5 from Waninkoko

Can I recover if I brick? I have Bootmii on Boot2, Do I have to backup the nand

Yes, this is a must. Otherwise its a no go.

Can I test the banner and the icon on the pc?

Sure, use ShowMiiWads 1.2

EDIT: Huh, I forgot a question xD How can I check if the channel is region free and if it isn't change his region to PAL or region free?

ShowMiiWads 1.2

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
If you don't want to do a NAND backup, there's other way... just install the channel as usual, and if your Wii bricks, use BootMii to load the homebrew channel, then use the WAD Manager 1.5 to delete the wad you just installed!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have bootmii on boot2 you dont need a backup of your nand, if you can start the Wii and go to bootmii/HBC/wad manager, because you can remove the wad if you brick. As already mentioned so don't worry.

You do really want a backup though as it's REALLY good to have.

Also don't use wadID as someone suggested, it's old crap and outdated these days, get "showmiiwads" instead, that app rules.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ShowMiiWads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.