War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I usually burn at 2.4x speed, but last night when I went to use one of my new TDK discs, I noticed that ImgBurn said that the disc only supported 4x, 6x, and 8x. What should I do? I can still select 2.4x, but it's not under the supported list... Will it be fine if I just use 4x? Does 4x cause a lot of problems?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think 4x is too bad, I burned 2 for a friend at 4x, he said they were fine. Although I normally use 2x as well (just be safe)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just use x4 then. If imgburn isn't showing 2.4x as supported speed then the drive/disc combo doesn't support it. Select 2.4x and it will just use one of the other speeds (probably x4) , I'm guessing the new batch of tdk discs are 8x and the old were 2.4x. My 8x verbatim don't support 2.4x on any of my newer drives. I've been using 4x for ages now , no probs , disc quality scans are more less the same as at 2.4 and no probs across multiple machines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a