• No

Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I didn't brick. But my system still says im on 1.4.5U, Is it really on 1.4 or?

You have a mixture of system files from 1.4.5 and 1.4, it's neither one or the other. Some people prefer to have it show 1.4.5, others 1.4.

Mine still says 1.4.5. The way I figure it, there were functionality changes in 1.4.5 for things like camera & I still have those. The only change in launcher/whitelist/settings was for hidden things that prevent hacking.

It's more work to downgrade the version number & you can still get into the shop if you leave it on 1.4.5.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: siamese

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's more work to downgrade the version number & you can still get into the shop if you leave it on 1.4.5.

Not a lot of work to do. Just download the version stuff from Nus dowloader and use @dpad_5678 's script for a fast install. Works like a charm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its not, opening a DSi XL is pretty easy and for soldering you only need accuracy, you can practice on useless boards before hardmoding your dsi.

Need to do that on my regular Dsi with no extra apps installed but i haven't found someone to do it in my country. Sadly i've no soldering skills at all. On the other hand, i don't know a way to get ConsoleID without using Dsi srl extractor, is there a way ?

Reactions: CatmanFan

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Need to do that on my regular Dsi with no extra apps installed but i haven't found someone to do it in my country. Sadly i've no soldering skills at all. On the other hand, i don't know a way to get ConsoleID without using Dsi srl extractor, is there a way ?
If you don't have any dsiware, and can't do a hardmod, then you surely don't have access to any exploit, getting the Console ID should be your least concern, the first obvious question would be: how do you intend to dump your NAND/EMMC?

On the other hand, if you can do a hardmod, and use a rpi to get EMMC CID, you can brute force the Console ID.

Reactions: siamese

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should read that post. BTW I'm the author.

I read the first post

"12 seconds for Console ID 32 bits

Call for share/document:
This tool can't brute force blindly, after all Console ID is 64 bits and EMMC CID is 120 bits, we need some pre-knowledge about them to make the brute forcing viable, if more people could collaborate on this, we could make this tool more useful."

Searching in 32 bits of key space takes 12 seconds, but key space is 64 bits. Brute forcing is therefore not viable.

What am I misunderstanding? Have you managed to reduce the key space by knowing what values are actually used but not updated the post?

Last edited by smf,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I read the first post

"12 seconds for Console ID 32 bits

Call for share/document:
This tool can't brute force blindly, after all Console ID is 64 bits and EMMC CID is 120 bits, we need some pre-knowledge about them to make the brute forcing viable, if more people could collaborate on this, we could make this tool more useful."

Searching in 32 bits of key space takes 12 seconds, but key space is 64 bits. Brute forcing is therefore not viable.

What am I misunderstanding?
"we need some pre-knowledge about them", we actually have some of that, like this:
Current list:
Console ID first 5 digits, so far no report about the rest been out of BCD range, and the 14th digit is always "1".
There're only a handful of "first 5 digits" combinations and the rest(10 BCD digits) can be brute forced in half a minute.

If it's really full 64 bits, I won't write the tool in the first place.

Last edited by JimmyZ,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There're only a handful of "first 5 digits" combinations and the rest(10 BCD digits) can be brute forced in half a minute.

That news isn't clear from that thread. It's pretty epic and I'm probably not the only person that missed it.

Have you shrunk the CID key space enough so that you can brute force both the CID and console ID at the same time?

Last edited by smf,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That news isn't clear from that thread. It's pretty epic and I'm probably not the only person that missed it.

Have you shrunk the CID key space enough so that you can brute force both the CID and console ID at the same time?
Console ID is several "5 digit combinations" + 10 BCD digits, effectively about 36~7 bits? EMMC CID is several MY combinations and two product code and 32 bits, effectively about 38 bits, one of them is doable, combined, probably never.

And it's not me who shrunk the key space, it's nocash, I can't take that credit.

Last edited by JimmyZ,

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this cfw, could you emulate a game in slot 2 even though DSi doesn't have it( you know for the purpose of transferring Pokemon to Pal Park in Gen 4). If so that would immediately make me want a DSi just to do this when it comes out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-