• No

Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still a chance of bricking even if No$gba works with my nand backup?
I've never heard of such a case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there still a chance of bricking even if No$gba works with my nand backup?
Just make sure that you encrypt your nand correctly.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No$GBA doesn't emulate bootrom errors (since bootrom hasn't been dumped. :P ) So bad RSA/hash of stage2 bootloader won't prevent No$GBA from attempting to boot the nand image. But if Launcher was corrupt, it would emulate the stage2 errors/RSA checks correctly however.

Bryguy5849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No$GBA doesn't emulate bootrom errors (since bootrom hasn't been dumped. :P ) So bad RSA/hash of stage2 bootloader won't prevent No$GBA from attempting to boot the nand image. But if Launcher was corrupt, it would emulate the stage2 errors/RSA checks correctly however.
So a corrupted nand will or won't boot lol...

Reactions: siamese

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So a corrupted nand will or won't boot lol...

Comparing nand dumps with HxD I found differences between them. Running on no$gba debugger with "Enable all warnings" ON (Options / Emulation setup / Xcept / Overrride exceptions / enable all warnings) pauses emulator almost immediately with such as "wrire to read only memory, Bad Jump Address" , etc. Default settings make things run smoothly. So emulator runs different nand dumps efficiently but writing one of them back to hardware will run the same way? which dump will be the one that is the exact dump of the real NAND. I believe Harmod is the only thing that gives accurate dumps.

Thats what keeps me from downgrading my DSi, just have ONE!

Bryguy5849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing nand dumps with HxD I found differences between them. Running on no$gba debugger with "Enable all warnings" ON (Options / Emulation setup / Xcept / Overrride exceptions / enable all warnings) pauses emulator almost immediately with such as "wrire to read only memory, Bad Jump Address" , etc. Default settings make things run smoothly. So emulator runs different nand dumps efficiently but writing one of them back to hardware will run the same way? which dump will be the one that is the exact dump of the real NAND. I believe Harmod is the only thing that gives accurate dumps.

I've already bricked one, bought another today and I'm holding off till I have all the solid facts together

Reactions: siamese

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Btw anyone knows what is the versions of the launcher, settings and whitelist on 1.4?
Apparently it's the same version than the dsi downgrading thread. Not sure thought.

Nope. The only thing that could make a software dump bad is the SD card ( or maybe software error but it's not likely )

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Nope. The only thing that could make a software dump bad is the SD card ( or software error)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/