Hacking Homebrew Misc Remake Unofficial Luma3ds

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pool votes maybe till level five ?
Oh, you mean a poll.

Decrypt and encrypt a backup save the backup modify it on a pc, a lot of other things
But you would do that with movable.sed and boot9.bin, not "otp, cid, hardware configuration". (I guess save3ds can use otp.bin, but I'm not familiar with anyone using save3ds directly.)

Reactions: Alexiox

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, you mean a poll.

But you would do that with movable.sed and boot9.bin, not "otp, cid, hardware configuration". (I guess save3ds can use otp.bin, but I'm not familiar with anyone using save3ds directly.)
Do you mean the program for installing cia by pc?
Well also using fuse if I’m correct require the otp, the program where you can browse backup on pc dunno if the name of correct…
Although with the last feature I introduced maybe it’s case too keep it now that I think about it
And yeah I meant a poll, although I wouldn’t mind a little swim 🤣 😅

Last edited by Alexiox,
Reactions: Maximumbeans

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well also using fuse if I’m correct require the otp, the program where you can browse backup on pc dunno if the name of correct…
Oh, ninfs. I suppose it technically requires the otp as well – but most people these days are probably using NAND backups with embedded essential.exefs. But I guess it's good to cover all use cases.
https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninfs

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, ninfs. I suppose it technically requires the otp as well – but most people these days are probably using NAND backups with embedded essential.exefs. But I guess it's good to cover all use cases.
https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninfs
Exactly Ning’s use the essential.exefs so it doesn’t directly ask for otp, but maybe I’ll let that feature just for the sake of

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Autocopying the boot.firm to the nand
Regularly breaking compatibility with other homebrew
The current AIO direction of the latest updates
Many of these aren’t new but the fact that the Luma team seems to refuse to listen to anyone on many issues, forks are the best means of addressing them
When you agree to jailbreak it (or in this case hack the console using third-party software), you agree to all the terms and conditions of its operation at your own risk.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you agree to jailbreak it (or in this case hack the console using third-party software), you agree to all the terms and conditions of its operation at your own risk.
I'm not sure that's exactly true – but even if it is, that doesn't mean one has to agree that the risk is necessary and can't be diminished.

But such discussion is best left for another thread.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Posted the link for the discord channel cause I need some help with testing for those who are willingly to help… thank you for the attention.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
new update released info on github and here

i also added more link on the first post of this thread.

Last edited by Alexiox,

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good evening to everyone, it's been a while.
I would life to know if you have some suggestions to add in case to the this build.
Till next time
PS. Restored discord link

Last edited by Alexiox,

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dropped a hotfix cause of few bug that caused sysnand to hang and restored basic combo rosalina
Also emunand i think it's broken tested now

Reactions: DottMark

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I’m new to gba as you can see, I’ve been making homebrew for learning, and then I found myself remaking the unofficial build luma, obviously just for fun, but I learned a few new things, btw I’m here to make it available for who want to use it.
you can find it

Do what the Luma devs won't: add Gateway support. Thank you :D

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought gateway was dead...
Aside from that it can be done.
Though i need some documentation first
Also for support what do you mean?
Thanks for the quick reply. By "support", I mean to allow the red Gateway card to work as intended via your firmware. Currently we have to use the Gateway firmware to use the card, and it's way out of date.

If I recall right, some research into this was uploaded somewhere years back. I expect I saved it, so I'll fire up my old PC when I can and see what I've got.
Post automatically merged:

I found a link to the old Github page by searching the text in the readme: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/gwcard

Last edited by retrospect,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to go really nuts, maybe you could restore compatibility with *hax exploits? I vaguely remember hearing something about a fork that supported those. Quite pointless unless you're deliberately looking for features missing from official Luma, though.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I second this, it'll give me a reason to dust it off lmao
I've already made a great guide on this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/setting-up-gateway-luma3ds-on-11-17-guide.640070
It works with the latest Luma3DS and boot9strap.

Would be super nice if you could restore 4.x sys modules.

If you want to go really nuts, maybe you could restore compatibility with *hax exploits? I vaguely remember hearing something about a fork that supported those. Quite pointless unless you're deliberately looking for features missing from official Luma, though.
Hax exploits? So something like menuhax for example?

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Super-skaterhax is the main one anyone cares about these days – trying to use that after Luma is installed just brings up a crash instead of the Homebrew Launcher. Like I said, quite pointless.
I feel to agree even though it can be done using some old hacks would just make it crash... let's see though
Instead speaking of Gateway, I need to clear my mind a little, now, it will come in the near future cause still thinking on the best way.
Then for restoring module compatibility, sure but on that I kinda agree with tuxsh why don't update?
Although I will let you the freedom as always.
The major problem now are the patches for twl nand and emunand that are broken, so yeah discovered it two days ago...

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto