Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Pachenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, im kinda lost in all of this, but is there a way to connect a Wired Switch Controller? (Not the pro one, the one on the pic)

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_212338.jpg
    IMG_20190423_212338.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 143

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im kinda lost in all of this, but is there a way to connect a Wired Switch Controller? (Not the pro one, the one on the pic)
HID_to_VPad already has native support for the official Switch Pro Controller. Not entirely certain of third party controllers, though....

Zambo91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wavedash doesnt work. try using a wired gc con
What do you mean?
I tried the adapter with smash bros wii U and everything works fine but with Hidtovpad just it doesn't work.
If I try to set hidtovpad up but there is no response by the gc controller connected.
What should I use as a .ini config fine?
Thanks a lot

D

Deleted User

What do you mean?
I tried the adapter with smash bros wii U and everything works fine but with Hidtovpad just it doesn't work.
If I try to set hidtovpad up but there is no response by the gc controller connected.
What should I use as a .ini config fine?
Thanks a lot
If it works with smash it’s just the adapter then. Get a mayflash adapter

D

Deleted User

Thanks! I'm looking now for the Mayflash!
Is the mayflash then working without a custom .ini file? or is there a .ini file that I have to add to the sdcard?
yes it works natively with hid to vpad since the wii u searches for a device named WUP-028 (gc adapter) the mayflash one works. just make sure that when you get it it is set to ns/wiiu mode (NOT PC MODE) and make sure that it is the 4 port one because the 2 port one doesnt work with hid to vpad and the 4 port works with nintendont as well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do I make a config file? My Logitech Dual Action is seen as a Logitech F310, but while using it, the left analog stick inverses the Y axis, making games like SSB next to impossible!
that problem is already reported and there seems to be no fix for it yet except using the mayflash magic ns adapter

Last edited by ,

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it works natively with hid to vpad since the wii u searches for a device named WUP-028 (gc adapter) the mayflash one works. just make sure that when you get it it is set to ns/wiiu mode (NOT PC MODE) and make sure that it is the 4 port one because the 2 port one doesnt work with hid to vpad and the 4 port works with nintendont as well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that problem is already reported and there seems to be no fix for it yet except using the mayflash magic ns adapter
can you atleast tell me HOW to make a config file? Maybe I'd understand it and make a config file for LDA users like me!

D

Deleted User

can you atleast tell me HOW to make a config file? Maybe I'd understand it and make a config file for LDA users like me!
No matter what config you use the problem will persist, not even if you invert the y axis on the .ini file. There is no way to use this correctly unless you buy the dongle. Some gamepads have that kind of problems sorry

Last edited by ,

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what config you use the problem will persist, not even if you invert the y axis on the .ini file. There is no way to use this correctly unless you buy the dongle. Some gamepads have that kind of problems sorry
welp time to look forward to a guide to turn a raspberry pi into a mayflash this will be fun :creep:

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried out the branch of this with experimental DS4 motion support? Please could you share your compiled files?

The code is on Github https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/DS4GyroAndTouchtest but there isn't a compiled release available. I've installed the necessary dependencies and tried compiling it myself (both on Mac and Windows) but got several errors I haven't been able to fix. Either the Dev Kit Pro forum has lost my post or the moderators haven't got round to approving it over a month after I posted it.

D

Deleted User

Has anyone tried out the branch of this with experimental DS4 motion support? Please could you share your compiled files?

The code is on Github https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/DS4GyroAndTouchtest but there isn't a compiled release available. I've installed the necessary dependencies and tried compiling it myself (both on Mac and Windows) but got several errors I haven't been able to fix. Either the Dev Kit Pro forum has lost my post or the moderators haven't got round to approving it over a month after I posted it.
with the new or the old controller?

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with the new or the old controller?

I have a Brook Xone adapter for my Elite controller. IIRC it shows up as a new (i.e. Network-Client-only) DS4. I’m expecting to have to use the Network Client, as that’s the only way I’ve got rumble working (directly-connected Switch mode doesn’t work - when I plug it in it thinks the analog stick is jammed into one corner).

I’m asking because if you’ve tried itself, you must have compiled it yourself or got a compiled version from somewhere. But Maschell doesn’t think it works well enough to make an official release. I’m curious.

D

Deleted User

I have a Brook Xone adapter for my Elite controller. IIRC it shows up as a new (i.e. Network-Client-only) DS4. I’m expecting to have to use the Network Client, as that’s the only way I’ve got rumble working (directly-connected Switch mode doesn’t work - when I plug it in it thinks the analog stick is jammed into one corner).

I’m asking because if you’ve tried itself, you must have compiled it yourself or got a compiled version from somewhere. But Maschell doesn’t think it works well enough to make an official release. I’m curious.
sadly xbox controllers directly connected to the console will never work. the only way you can use your elite controller without the client is with a cronus max on ps3 mode but you wont get rumble.

Last edited by ,

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sadly xbox controllers directly connected to the console will never work. the only way you can use your elite controller without the client is with a cronus max on ps3 mode but you wont get rumble.

I think we’re talking at cross purposes.

The Brook converter makes the Xbox controller appear to be a DS4 or a Switch pro controller, depending on the mode. I know I can’t connect it directly. My setup is working fine with the client.

But I would like to try out the gyro module the converter adds to the controller in PS4/NS mode. Because the Wii U gamepad has more sensors than the other controllers, Maschell did not get very good results emulating it and hasn’t included gyro support in the main version of HID to VPAD.

The code is available for curious people like me to compile ourselves. I have tried doing so without success. I have tried posting in the forum about the tools for compiling Wii U homebrew, to see if anyone could help with the errors, but my post has not appeared, and the forum doesn’t seem very active.

So I thought I would ask here in case anyone happened to have compiled the gyro version of HID to VPAD I’m looking for, or has a working build environment and would be able to do it easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo