Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The values are optimized for my Switch Controller. You can adjust them for your controller
Huh? Why would our Controllers be different?
You mean it's adjusted to your preferences (to not walk as fast as he would with the Wii U Gamepad at max analog stick range), right?

DonnieV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I emulate a stick being tilted to an axis with a button press?
I want to remap my gamepad 'Y' button to tell my right stick it is being pushed to the southeast position.

This would make neutral air attacks in smash 4 ridiculously easy with the Wii U gamepad.

Last edited by DonnieV,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@Maschell
I tried playing Zelda BotW with the Switch Pro Controller (connected via USB) and it worked well so far but the analog stick isn't configured right. Although I move it forward as much as possible, Link is only walking, not running (like he is on the Wii U Gamepad).
Could you maintain a new ini with your next nightly which has adjusted max values?

Code:
//For left stick
VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x1A,0xF0
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x1A,0xF0

//For right stick
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x1A,0xF0
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x1A,0xF0

Those values are for my GC controller though, you need to try other values, they are hex.

Last edited by cucholix,

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Maschell can you make a stripped down version of this which silently load the connected USB controller (in my case, a Gamecube one with the adapter) as Pro Controller? I'm asking because we could have autobooting USB controller support combining your app with Chbc mod (by making Chbc boot your app instead of Padcon at launch)
@Maschell Any news on this?

pedromega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you help me? I have two controllers with usb but there isn't any .ini for them.

ThrustMaster dual trigger gamepad ps2/pc 4160500
not original PS3 Wireless controller sixasis-dualshock batman

there some application to learn the bytes or anyone knows the bytes or the way more easy to assign them? Please

Sorry if the translation is not well. I am Spanish

Me pueden ayudar? tengo dos mandos con usb pero no hay ningún .ini para ellos.

thrustmaster dual trigger gamepad ps2/pc 4160500
ps3 no original Wireless controller sixasis-dualshock de batman

hay alguna aplicación para saber los bytes o alguien sabe los bytes o la forma mas fácil de asignarlos? porfavor

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Maschell Any news on this?
Currently I have no time to work on homebrew. I would need to think about a clever way of making this userfriendly and configurable. Maybe an "Export setting for quickstart" in the normal HID to VPAD menu? Then you can reload this settings using the "quickloader". Need to think about it.
Can you help me? I have two controllers with usb but there isn't any .ini for them.
You need create an own .ini. You can information about in in the wiki.
https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices
Anyone know if the Pro or Classic controllers can be remapped to the gamepad at all?
When I did some test I didn't have any success. But maybe I'll find a workarround somewhere in the future.

pedromega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks to subtest you can configure the dual trigger (but not the ps3). Now my problem is that in the dual trigger the configuration of the chopsticks is:

gracias a hidtest pude configurar el dual trigger (pero no el de ps3). ahora mi problema es que en el dual trigger la configuración de los sticks es:
pad L X neutral=ff
izquierda del todo=80
derecha del todo=7f
pad L Y neutral=01
arriba del todo=80
abajo del todo=7f
pad R X neutral=7f
izquierda del todo=80
derecha del todo=7f
pad R Y neutral=71
arriba del todo=00
abajo del todo=ff
Could you tell me how to place the settings? I tried it and I put it like that but it only works the R Y

podrían decirme como colocar la configuración? lo e intentado yo poniendo asi pero solo funciona el R Y
VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x03,0xff
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7f
VPAD_L_STICK_X_DEADZONE = false
VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x04,0x01
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7F
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = false
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = false
VPAD_R_STICK_X = 0x05,0x7f
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7F
VPAD_R_STICK_X_DEADZONE = false
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = 0x06,0x7f
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = true
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = true
help pleas
ayuda por favor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks to subtest you can configure the dual trigger (but not the ps3). Now my problem is that in the dual trigger the configuration of the chopsticks is:

gracias a hidtest pude configurar el dual trigger (pero no el de ps3). ahora mi problema es que en el dual trigger la configuración de los sticks es:
Pad L X neutral = ff
Left of the whole = 80
Right of the whole = 7f
Pad L Y neutral = 01
At the top = 80
At the bottom = 7f
Pad R X neutral = 7f
Left of the whole = 80
Right of the whole = 7f
Pad R Y neutral = 71
At the top = 00
At the bottom = ff
Could you tell me how to place the settings? I tried it and I put it like that but it only works the R Y

podrían decirme como colocar la configuración? lo e intentado yo poniendo asi pero solo funciona el R Y
VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x03,0xff
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7f
VPAD_L_STICK_X_DEADZONE = false
VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x04,0x01
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7F
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = false
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = false
VPAD_R_STICK_X = 0x05,0x7f
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x80,0x7F
VPAD_R_STICK_X_DEADZONE = false
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = 0x06,0x7f
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = true
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = true
help pleas
ayuda por favor

pedromega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok. I just realize that some bytes that leave me in hid-test of wii not working on wii u as the crosshead. as I put a hid-test for wii u homebrew launcher? in the hid page to vpad I found it but not is where to put it to work

vale. acabo de darme cuenta que algunos bytes que me salen en hid-test de wii no funcionan en wii u como la cruceta. como puedo poner un hid-test para homebrew launcher de wii u en la pagina de hid to vpad lo encontré pero no se donde ponerlo para que funcione

CourtneySNK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a bit of an odd request but my Wii U gamepad's ZR button is broken and now always remains pressed, which causes it to scroll through menus and skip through videos on YouTube. I see that HID to VPAD supports remapping buttons on the Wii U Gamepad, but is there a way to just disable a button outright without putting it somewhere else on the controller?

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 quick questions.

Will Xbox 360 arcade sticks (like the Madcatz) work with the CronusMax adapter on this app just like they do on Nintendont or is there another workaround?

Also, will this app work with Retroarch for the same controller?

Thanks

pheb

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello, have 1 gamepad, 5 wiimote and 2 dualshock 4.
i want to play 8 player smash in smash bros, but cannot find a way to play with 8 player.

when i set both dualshock to player 1 and 2, and in 8 player smash character select i turn on 2 wiimotes, it will overwrite the player 1 (first light on) and player 2 (second light on) but any button i pressed is not working. so i can only play 6 player (p1 dualshock, p2 dualshock, p3 wiimote, p4 wiimote, p5 wiimote, p6 gamepad, and two other wiimotes can't work)

is there any way to play 8 player with these combination? thanks

Last edited by pheb,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
hello, have 1 gamepad, 5 wiimote and 2 dualshock 4.
i want to play 8 player smash in smash bros, but cannot find a way to play with 8 player.

when i set both dualshock to player 1 and 2, and in 8 player smash character select i turn on 2 wiimotes, it will overwrite the player 1 (first light on) and player 2 (second light on) but any button i pressed is not working. so i can only play 6 player (p1 dualshock, p2 dualshock, p3 wiimote, p4 wiimote, p5 wiimote, p6 gamepad, and two other wiimotes can't work)

is there any way to play 8 player with these combination? thanks
You turn on the Wiimotes during HID to VPAD, so the Wiimotes become players 1 and 2 while the Dualshocks are 3 and 4. Also from what I can tell 8 player smash will only works with adding GC controllers or 3DSs.

pheb

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You turn on the Wiimotes during HID to VPAD, so the Wiimotes become players 1 and 2 while the Dualshocks are 3 and 4. Also from what I can tell 8 player smash will only works with adding GC controllers or 3DSs.

thanks for replying.

unfortunately, i have tried that way but the third and fourth wiimote still overwrite the dualshock 4.

i can confirm that you can play 8 player with 1 gamepad + 7 wiimote/procon, but the 5th-8th player's wiimote/procon can only be turn on in 8-player smash character select (not in wii u menu).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...