Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i got a problem, cant seem to be able to make it recognize my gc controllers it only recognizes one, but as the the wii u tablet.
Thats because it only recognize 1 controller and it spoof it as the Wii U gamepad. Multiple controllers and pro controller spoofing is not on the currently released build.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay guys.
As I promised serveral weeks ago, here is finally a beta build of the upcomming HID to VPAD version. I managed to fixed some of the issues, but it's still not perfect.
Whats the current state?

- Finally fixed the DS3 bug in a official build (sorry for the delay)
- Nice GUI thanks to DarkIrata!
- Mapping to the gamepad + 4 Pro Controller
- Annoying music
- Input preview/tester
- The network support is still not activated, as a proper client is still missing (@QuarkTheAwesome wants to help me there!).
- skid_au added support for DS3 Rumble, so big thanks to him.
- GC-Adapter rumble fixed.
- Support for all slots of deviced with multiple slots (like https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs/blob/master/DualShock2.ini) Currently I'm to lazy to update the wiki, but I someone actually wants to use it NOW, please write me a PM.
- Hopefully reduced the random crashes.
- I have no idea if this is working with the channel version of HBL, my rednand sd card broke, so I can't test it. Please report if its working.
- If you see any game where the Pro Controller feature is not working, please report it!

Some things are still missing... Like support for the new PS4 Pad + PS4 Rumble in general (I have none so I can't test), Network client, automatic config downloading etc.

And of course again a huuuuuuge thanks to @DarkIrata who made the Design. It's reaally cool, and he always was really quick when I needed something. If I ever get any donations, he will definitely get a part of the money!!

Sources are following with the proper release. I still have to clean some things up and add comments. Soon...

Please notice this is still a beta and has very likely some bugs in to. Please report them!

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/MUZInzGB/file.html

Thanks
Maschell <3

Last edited by Maschell,

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
finally ! thank you so much , i tested it with the channel version of hbl sys-cfw ,and its working as it should , thou when i set it up as a pro controller with DS3 , and went to play wind waker , it worked fine as a pro controller untill i tried to turn my gamepad display off , then the Wiiu froze.
hopefully that's helpful.
Edit: Apparently the Wiiu freezes whenever i try to turn the display off (after emulating my Ds3 as a pro controller) even in the homemenu.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,
Reactions: Maschell
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Status update from me: Java GUI in progress, currently (slowly!) reading from a 360 controller under Linux. Other platforms should be damn easy due to hid4java support. No networking stuff yet.

Update 2: Linux joystick driver now runs acceptably... Will probably finish other platforms and rewrite Linux stuff in C with JNI/JNA later. It really just doesn't work nativley without non-blocking file IO support baked into Java. My current workaround might just be the literal definition of a race condition, but at least now I know if my main thread is winning.

Update 2 TL;DR: Linux support is gonna be shaky on initial release, God help slow machines. One of the rare occasions I'd reccomend a Windows box.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Wohooo, testing this bad boy as soon I finish with the backup of my discs lol, pretty cool stuff, if I read correctly the ProCon now can emulate Gamepad inputs?

Thanks Maschell, was a long ride xD

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So far i have encounter 2 crashes while trying to run some games. Using a PS3 Sixaxis controller (The ones without rumble that came with the ps3 at launch) On the Preview everything seem to be working fine, even the left analog stick works as it should, even in the Wii U Menu i can move the cursor with the stick just fine but then when i launch a game they will either boot and then crash the Wii U or crash during the banner. The games i tested do have pro controller support, one was my legit Eshop bought Hyrule Warriors and the other one was Watch_Dogs installed with the Brazilian method (The OG October 19 one) I'm going to test it with my legit Wind Waker disk which also support the Pro controller next to see what happens.

MrComputerRevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
For me the new version doesn't detect my controller. (Although, I haven't tried with the old one) I have the config in the right place and HID_TEST detects it fine. Any troubleshooting tips? I'm using Haxchi for HBL, if that matters

EDIT: Just tried the old version and it works fine.
EDIT2: Ok, never mind, I'm stupid

Last edited by MrComputerRevo,
Reactions: Maschell

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is great, thank you all for your hardwork! is it possible to use the hori fighting stick mini 3 with it? (the one that came put for the ps3)

Reactions: DarkIrata

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Star Fox Zero Crash, freeze in Boot Banner (old version work)
Paper Mario Color Splas, looping in Boot Banner

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda wind waker :works
Mario kart 8 : works
Assasins creed 4 : works
Mario maker : works
Bayonetta 1 : freezes
Bayonetta 2 : freezes
Hyrule warriors: freezes
Zelda Twilight Princess : freezes
Mass effect 3 :freezes
Xenoblade chronicles x : it doesn't detect the Wiiu pro controller at all , according to the wiki its supported.
Donkey Kong tropical freeze : it doesn't detect the Wiiu pro controller at all , according to the wiki its supported.

Reactions: lordelan

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bayonetta 1 : freezes
Bayonetta 2 : freezes
Xenoblade chronicles x : it doesn't detect the Wiiu pro controller at all , according to the wiki its supported.
Donkey Kong tropical freeze : it doesn't detect the Wiiu pro controller at all , according to the wiki its supported.
Now these game should work. Can you test Hyrule Warriors/Zelda again? And @AlanLC could you try your games?

It's annoying that each game has an own way to detect if the pro controller is attach (and how to read data).
It took me way to long to realize, that Xenoblade just doesn't allow no stick inputs in the menus and this is not a bug...
Here is the new version:
I hope I didn't break anything, but at least some new game should work now.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Now these game should work. Can you test Hyrule Warriors/Zelda again? And @AlanLC could you try your games?

It's annoying that each game has an own way to detect if the pro controller is attach (and how to read data).
It took me way to long to realize, that Xenoblade just doesn't allow no stick inputs in the menus and this is not a bug...
Here is the new version:
I hope I didn't break anything, but at least some new game should work now.
Xenoblade chronicles : works
Donkey kong : now detects the wiiu pro controller but freezes when going back to the home menu
Hyrule warrior : still freezes
Bayonetta 1 & 2: still freezes
Zelda TP : still can't detect it and when you access the menu it freezes
Mass effect 3 : It doesn't freeze anymore but it doesn't detect the controller at all

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah this reports are a little vague. People need to add if they are using their controllers as the gamepad or pro controller so we have stuff more organized. Controller type might help but not entirely necessary.

Nerv_Mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with the last .elf works without problems!

Yeah this reports are a little vague. People need to add if they are using their controllers as the gamepad or pro controller so we have stuff more organized. Controller type might help but not entirely necessary.

that's true...
I was using a PS3 Controller as a Wii U Pro Controller, the previous .elf froze the console when I selected a button with the PS3 Controller in the game.

Last edited by Nerv_Mario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm gonna invent something that fits in your pocket but can text and make phone calls!!!