Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 and "old" one controller also behaves like a HID device on a computer with the drivers installed, that how the network support is implemented. Just my redirecting the HID packages to the WiiU.

Either the driver is just emulating the HID or you have to send a special command via USB, idk.

Even if I would get the bluetooth wokring, we still would only have the same packages as the normal wifi receiver. The packages seems to extreeeeeeeeeeeemly hard to crack/parse/whatever.

Well at least it was a dream for a second there :')

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 360 and "old" one controller also behaves like a HID device on a computer with the drivers installed, that how the network support is implemented. Just my redirecting the HID packages to the WiiU.

Either the driver is just emulating the HID or you have to send a special command via USB, idk.

Even if I would get the bluetooth wokring, we still would only have the same packages as the normal wifi receiver. The packages seems to extreeeeeeeeeeeemly hard to crack/parse/whatever.
Sad to hear but however, any Xbox Controller support (360/ONE/ONE S) would be much appreciated as they are the best controllers. :)

Reactions: MrKatanaObiWan

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got xbox one controller working with a cronus max, for the people that really want to use that.

EDIT: Hol up. Actually I tried it again and it seems every button works EXCEPT the left joystick is wonky. UP makes it go LEFT and DOWN makes it go RIGHT, LEFT and RIGHT on joystick are not doing anything. Im not using any ini right now. So close to using elite controller :( right now its only good for stuff that does not need the left joystick. Hoping I can figure out how to get it working 100%.

EDIT 2: Using the HID test app it definitely sees the joysticks movement in all directions so i guess it should be possible to set up with the ini file. I dont really under stand how to though lol.

Edit 3: cool all working now. Just have to manually enter left stick

Last edited by johnnydommer,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got xbox one controller working with a cronus max, for the people that really want to use that.

EDIT: Hol up. Actually I tried it again and it seems every button works EXCEPT the left joystick is wonky. UP makes it go LEFT and DOWN makes it go RIGHT, LEFT and RIGHT on joystick are not doing anything. Im not using any ini right now. So close to using elite controller :( right now its only good for stuff that does not need the left joystick. Hoping I can figure out how to get it working 100%.

EDIT 2: Using the HID test app it definitely sees the joysticks movement in all directions so i guess it should be possible to set up with the ini file. I dont really under stand how to though lol.

Great to hear. Can you use up to 4 XB Controllers with a Cronus Max?
I know HID to VPAD only supports one as for now but "could" you use four on the PlayStation?

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear. Can you use up to 4 XB Controllers with a Cronus Max?
I know HID to VPAD only supports one as for now but "could" you use four on the PlayStation?

I dont believe so. Maybe their competitors have that feature, I have not looked into it. But yeah for one person its working prefect now, I agree its the best controller lol.

Reactions: lordelan

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell btw, could your project here by any chance be used to use the gamecube adapter as gamecube controllers within vwii mode? (for games like super smash bros brawl that supported gamecube controllers on the original wii). Once further work is put into it of course

Reactions: LinkFan16

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

What do you mean manually enter left stick? I have a cronusmax & just chucked it in PS3 mode, as you said everything is working but the left analog stick... I wanna get this working too :)!

Last edited by clancy94,

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean manually enter left stick? I have a cronusmax & just chucked it in PS3 mode, as you said everything is working but the left analog stick... I wanna get this working too :)!

Using the ini file to set your own buttons and stuff. Ill up mine later so you can see if that works.

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boy (y), can't wait :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this brotha. Goes in wiiu>controller folder. Also connect it like this 1. Run hid to vpad 2. connect cronus max to wii u 3. connect controller to cronus max. Seems to work for me 100%. Lastly I think my X axis and Y axis on the left stick are switched in the cronus max pc app so if it is swapped on the wii u just change it in the cronus max Max Mapper settings (super easy)

*using xbox one elite controller, not sure its exact same setting needed to get it to work on normal controllers btw.

Attachments

• PS3 ini.rar
    601 bytes · Views: 145
Last edited by johnnydommer,

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, does this work with Loadiine gx2? And can I add a PS4 controller as player two? I want to play some Mario Kart with family this weekend.

Edit: Actually I'm running Mario Kart legit off of the disc.

Last edited by gbazone,

johnnydommer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, does this work with Loadiine gx2? And can I add a PS4 controller as player two? I want to play some Mario Kart with family this weekend.

Edit: Actually I'm running Mario Kart legit off of the disc.

Nah, I think he showed some images of that feature coming soon though a couple pages back. Only player one for now.

Reactions: gbazone

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything in the works to do this in reverse? Like make the WiiU gamepad come in as a classic controller?

That would be absolutely sick because then I could play gamecube games on my Tablet (WiiU Gamepad) using its controls via Nintendont mappings

Reactions: OriginalHamster

korn93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i got a problem, cant seem to be able to make it recognize my gc controllers it only recognizes one, but as the the wii u tablet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?