Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Jakic007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi guys,
I have made configuration file for Saitek P2600.

@Maschell Thank You very much for this! I have tried my Saitek P2600 in gamepad mode and it works perfectly. No freezes at all.
But when I try as pro controller it freezes almost instantly without even entering game.

Just save as "saitek.ini" and put into wiiu>controller folder on your SD card.

Code:
//Saitek P2600 Rumble Force configuration file
[vid=0x06a3,pid=0x5f0d]
//Buttons
VPad_Button_A=0x05,0x04
VPad_Button_B=0x05,0x02
VPad_Button_X=0x05,0x08
VPad_Button_Y=0x05,0x01
VPad_Button_Plus=0x06,0x02
VPad_Button_Minus=0x06,0x01
VPad_Button_Home=0x06,0x08
VPad_Button_L=0x05,0x10
VPad_Button_R=0x05,0x20
//Triggers
VPad_Button_ZL=0x05,0x40
VPad_Button_ZR=0x05,0x80
//D-Pad
DPad_Mode=DPAD_Hat
DPad_Mask=0xF0
VPad_Button_DPad_N=0x06,0x00
VPad_Button_DPad_NE=0x06,0x10
VPad_Button_DPad_E=0x06,0x20
VPad_Button_DPad_SE=0x06,0x30
VPad_Button_DPad_S=0x06,0x40
VPad_Button_DPad_SW=0x06,0x50
VPad_Button_DPad_W=0x06,0x60
VPad_Button_DPad_NW=0x06,0x70
VPad_Button_DPad_Neutral=0x06,0xF0
//Thumbstick L
VPad_L_Stick_X=0x01,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_X_Invert=False
VPad_L_Stick_Y=0x02,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert=True
//Thumbstick R
VPad_R_Stick_X=0x03,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_X_Invert=False
VPad_R_Stick_Y=0x04,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert=True

Last edited by Jakic007,
Reactions: lordelan

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you, I'll try it.

@Maschell thank you for that super homebrew.

I tested this beta with my ps3 controller for pro controller 1 with 3 games :

Mario Kart 8 -> works
Splatoon -> works
Super smash -> freeze on bootscreen

And i don't know how to use it with loadiine. When i return to homescreen after apply the patch, i return to mii maker and it re-open HID to VPAD, so how can i lunch loadiine after apply the patch ? Can someone help me ? Is there a video showing that ?

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loadiine has the HID-to-VPAD support directly built in. You just need to go to the settings and enable it.

I know that but this isn't your beta version with multiplayer feature. I wan't to set my PS3 controller not instead of wiiu pad but instead of pro controller for playing local multiplayer in loadiine.
When i put HID on in loadiine. It make my PS3 controller for the wiiupad. Is it possible to have a loadiine version with your beta built in or another way to play local multiplayer in loadiine with my PS3 controller ?

(sorry for bad english)

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No currently it's not possible, and I'm not sure if this will ever be possible.

I think it is very important to make your app compatible with homebrews. Not only for loadiine but also for others like retroarch.
In think a lot of poeple want to have multi controller with emulators. But I know that you have a lot of things to do before so i hope that one day someone make it.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think it is very important to make your app compatible with homebrews. Not only for loadiine but also for others like retroarch.
In think a lot of poeple want to have multi controller with emulators. But I know that you have a lot of things to do before so i hope that one day someone make it.

Let me point something out to you:
I'm not sure if this will ever be possible.

When a developer says something isn't ever going to possible, that usually means there's some technical limitation preventing whatever feature from being implemented. It's not that Maschell doesn't want to do it (he'd say something like "I don't think this is going to happen"), but that it's actually very hard, if not impossible, to achieve this on a technical level. From my understanding of how HID to VPAD works, Maschell would have to do a full rewrite (start programming the app from scratch) to make it work when HBL is re-opened.

(@Maschell: You're keeping your binary in 0x00800000 (the HBL zone), yeah? I might have part of a solution in a couple months)

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let me point something out to you:

When a developer says something isn't ever going to possible, that usually means there's some technical limitation preventing whatever feature from being implemented. It's not that Maschell doesn't want to do it (he'd say something like "I don't think this is going to happen"), but that it's actually very hard, if not impossible, to achieve this on a technical level. From my understanding of how HID to VPAD works, Maschell would have to do a full rewrite (start programming the app from scratch) to make it work when HBL is re-opened.

(@Maschell: You're keeping your binary in 0x00800000 (the HBL zone), yeah? I might have part of a solution in a couple months)

Ok, thank you. Didn't understand like that (I'm a simple end user).

You and all the developers do a great job. Thanks

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guy, But can I use any Bluetooth controller with normal Bluetooth dongle receiver? Or must be used with USB cable. I got XiaoMi controller it doesn't have any USB port.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you need a device (wireless or with cable) with a usb connector that tells the wiiu its a HID-Device (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_device)
and then you need to create a config for that device with all mappings for yourself

so as example most wireless keyboard and mouse have a usb wireless dongle and tell the wiiu the usb dongle is a HID device
i think you can connect it to windows and see if the usb dongle is listed in the hardware manager under hid-devices

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need a device (wireless or with cable) with a usb connector that tells the wiiu its a HID-Device (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_device)
and then you need to create a config for that device with all mappings for yourself

so as example most wireless keyboard and mouse have a usb wireless dongle and tell the wiiu the usb dongle is a HID device
i think you can connect it to windows and see if the usb dongle is listed in the hardware manager under hid-devices
Hmm coming to think of that, maybe there really is a bluetooth to USB HID dongle. If yes, the Xbox One S Controller should work instantly.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not all the wireless controllers with a usb dongle are HID devices :(

like on xbox360 controller its not a hid device

so you have to check
No, you got me wrong.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One Controllers are XInput, but the new Xbox One S Controller has Bluetooth (without any dongle) and can even be used on Android devices natively. So we just would have to find an USB Bluetooth dongle for the Wii U which tells it that the Xbox One S Controller is HID. However I don't think any Bluetooth dongles would work on the Wii U because there's no driver support for that.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you got me wrong.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One Controllers are XInput, but the new Xbox One S Controller has Bluetooth (without any dongle) and can even be used on Android devices natively. So we just would have to find an USB Bluetooth dongle for the Wii U which tells it that the Xbox One S Controller is HID. However I don't think any Bluetooth dongles would work on the Wii U because there's no driver support for that.

"just would have to find" will not be that easy since when using a bluetooth dongle you dont have an interface on the wiiu to connect to a device to that bluetooth controller -> and i'm nearly sure the drivers are missing

the wiiu has native support for hid devices and not any special bluetooth controller -> sorry to destroy your dreams but i think that easy it will not work ;-)

like on the alternative ps3 controllers you have a dongle and the connection is established when you press a button on the controller

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"just would have to find" will not be that easy since when using a bluetooth dongle you dont have an interface on the wiiu to connect to a device to that bluetooth controller -> and i'm nearly sure the drivers are missing

the wiiu has native support for hid devices and not any special bluetooth controller -> sorry to destroy your dreams but i think that easy it will not work ;-)

like on the alternative ps3 controllers you have a dongle and the connection is established when you press a button on the controller
Did you even read my last sentence? :P

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you even read my last sentence? :P

i only wanted to make sure that you and other people reading dont think its easy possible to find a "USB Bluetooth dongle for the Wii U which tells it that the Xbox One S Controller is HID"

there are too many technical obstacles to overcome to get this dream working so its unlikely to get realized

Last edited by FunThomas,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Actually I meant "I don't think this is going to happen".

HID to VPAD (to be precise the controller patcher lib) is DESIGNED to be integrated easily into other homebrew. Loadiine is just a special case.
Loadiine would be the "only" homebrew that would need complety new GUI elements and the (currently unstable) pro controller patches. Currently _I_ just don't any plans to write/port the GUI for loadiine (And I far nobody else does?). Technically it would be possible, just to copy the HID to VPAD completly into loadiine and launch this too before launching a game, but I don't want this because of serveral reason.
The current "hard part" about HID to VPAD is not the actual controller emulation, but making it as user friendly as possible (e.g. with a nice designed GUI) and to be honest I know don't if it's really worth it to create a second GUI just for loadiine. It just takes too much time and I too many other projects I want to finish first before starting something like this.

@ HID to VPAD in other homebrews:
I have a tutorial how to add controller pather support into a homebrew app (https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/#example-implementation) but nobody added it to their app so far. Maybe I'm gonna do the first step, and add support for RetroArch (Or help anyone else who wants to do it @aliaspider @brienj @QuarkTheAwesome ?)

Last edited by Maschell,

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Maschell please complete the beta release first with the gui and check in the sources then it should not be the big problem for others to use it in homebrew

You cant do all of your projects and promise maybe more and more ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1