Hacking Help with modding my PAL Wii U.

MysticX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello fellow tempers, I am in need of your assistance.

I have just finished installing the haxchi and homebrew launcher channel on my wiiu and am now modding the vwii.

Now, I am at a point in which I am not really sure what to do.

What I want to do is to run wiiu backups from an USB drive. The reason I want to do this is because my wiiu has the infamous DVD drive error (I tried different games, both wiiu and wii games), I cannot play any game on the drive anymore :( and it costs way too much to get it fixed.

Now, my son has been fixated on playing lego city undercover PAL and has gotten pretty far with it. Now, I am going to away for work for a long time (in less than 2 days) and I wanna set it up so he can play it while I am gone.

I am not asking for where to get the game, I can handle that. I just wanna know what do I do know so he can play the game while I am away?

(if requested, I can post a picture of my original game, and onscreen error code).

Thanks.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by x65943,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have HaxChi installed and don't want to have to teach your kid how to launch it every time then I recommend installing and setting up CBHC. CBHC will use HaxChi to autoboot a sigpached sysNAND (region free CFW).

Your son won't know the difference. Turn on the Wii U and just play. Just follow all the directions and ask for help if needed. The only real brick risk is if your son formats the wii u (why would he do that anyway?)

After you have CBHC set up the use Wii U Helper (PC app) to get the game/update/dlc you need. Use WUP installer to install it. There are many ways transfer savegame files. Ask for help.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Op do you have NNID on your Wii u? If so was there any issues with it after you installed haxchi? I'm looking to hack my Wii u and not seen anything mentioned if the nnid/eshop access is effected in way, have tried asking but got no reply about it.

From what I've read if you use the Wii u helper that kafluke mentions you need to use the region of your Wii u(so Europe if the flag under your user name is accurate). Not sure if you use other methods.

If you have HaxChi installed and don't want to have to teach your kid how to launch it every time then I recommend installing and setting up CBHC. CBHC will use HaxChi to autoboot a sigpached sysNAND (region free CFW).

Your son won't know the difference. Turn on the Wii U and just play. Just follow all the directions and ask for help if needed. The only real brick risk is if your son formats the wii u (why would he do that anyway?)

After you have CBHC set up the use Wii U Helper (PC app) to get the game/update/dlc you need. Use WUP installer to install it. There are many ways transfer savegame files. Ask for help.

Isn't there parental controls or something to prevent children messing with settings etc on th Wii u?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your NNID will not be affected by any of these "hacks". Unless you cheat in an online game then you're likely to get banned.

The region flags in Wii U USB Helper are there for non CFW users, people who just want to use WUP installer only. CBHC will region patch and sigpatch your sysNAND so anything from Wii U USB helper will work. Even if it's not from your region.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill