Hacking Feedback Homebrew Wii U Mod In 2024 vs Switch Mod

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently had a customer ask me if I am interested in modding his WiiU, I turned down the offer. One, I see little value in WiiU mod and two, it's freeware... of course when compared to Switch. Is my thinking wrong, should I have an interest in WiiU? Can someone inform me and create value in such endeavors? Game play value in WiiU mod vs Switch mod? Thanks in advance 🤙🏽

Reactions: SylverReZ

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of 'mod' did your customer want? I'd say any sort of hardware mod is valid, particularly if the system was requiring 'nandaid'. In terms of CFW... for the WiiU that doesn't really classify as a mod - just point your customer to https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/ and let them 'mod' it themselves.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiU is amazing modded. If you like Wii games it's the best way to play them on modern TVs. The emulators are all well done and the Gamepad is also quite fun. Having the second screen makes it a unique experience. Games like Fatal frame have unique mechanics, like using the gamepad as a camera viewfinder. Maps and menus in the palm of your hand so you can glance down instead of toggling a map with a button press. There is still a few great games that never made it off the WiiU as well. If you can find one cheap I would definately pick it up.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input my guy 🤙🏽 I have a Mario edition Wii that I was planning on installing Wiidual, might change course with your input! I did a search as far a titles that never made it to Switch, are concerned. I can't believe some of those titles never got ported!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input my guy 🤙🏽 I have a Mario edition Wii that I was planning on installing Wiidual, might change course with your input! I did a search as far a titles that never made it to Switch, are concerned. I can't believe some of those titles never got ported!
Some need the gamepad. They would lose alot without it. Playing Wii titles on the gamepad, to me, is worth the price of the WiiU. I play them alot.

Be warned, similar to the Wii and Switch, WiiU has shoddy USB ports. You will either need an external power source for your drive or a powered hub.

I am using a 2TB SSD for WiiU games and a seperate 5TB WD P10 game drive HDD for the Wii stuff. For the HDD I added a powered hub. I also have a 128gb SD. That seems to do the trick. There's an article on how to properly format the HDD so the Wii can utilize the whole 5TB. This way there's enough space to fit every rom for all the emulators, a complete WiiU romset Complete Wii (usa) romset all the english playable Japanese exclusive Wii games and still have enough space for all the guitar hero songs.

WiiU complete.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a customer ask me if I am interested in modding his WiiU, I turned down the offer. One, I see little value in WiiU mod and two, it's freeware... of course when compared to Switch. Is my thinking wrong, should I have an interest in WiiU? Can someone inform me and create value in such endeavors? Game play value in WiiU mod vs Switch mod? Thanks in advance 🤙🏽
They offered hard cash to mod their wii u?? Take it and run, cost of living crisis and all that! :rofl2:

But in all seriousness, why not? Your offering a service they are willing to pay for. Changing a car tyre is piss easy but there are plenty of garages who will do it for you because people don't wanna know... Its too hard looking and that's not sarcastic, it's fact. Time is money and I'd charge them by the hour and then download all the mods on a slow connection! :yayu:

Only question is, what support do you offer afterwards if any.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some need the gamepad. They would lose alot without it. Playing Wii titles on the gamepad, to me, is worth the price of the WiiU. I play them alot.
The Wii U, if not modded, is nearly impossible to use without paying extra for a 2nd-hand gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps