Homebrew [Help Wanted] freeShop Translations

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheCruel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 22,923
  • Replies Replies 218
  • Likes Likes 5
Thanks. How should the two Spanish translations be described in the list. Right now I just have "Español"... how are they normally differentiated online?
Well the differences aren't really that prominent to be honest, but they do feel out of place to the other region. I'm gonna go a little in detail here.
You see, the main differences are the conjugation of the verbs in second person in both plural and singular.
In LA, I'm gonna take the example "¿Estás bien?" (Are you okay?), while in Spain it goes "¿Estáis bien?".
As you can see the change is minimal, but spoken it really makes a differences. Basically, Spain uses a more proper spanish form more rooted into the Latin language; which is the basis of the spanish language, instead of the LA one.

From what I've seen in the other translation pointed out in the Pull request, I couldn't see any of those differences in any line, so I think you are good to go with the one I just posted. I also corrected a little accentuation problem present in the other translation.
 
Last edited by ShadowOne333,
For now, I'm just going to add a single spanish and portuguese version. I need to add a little bit of code to detect console region and adjust accordingly. Prefer not to deal with that right now. I'll add second versions as PRs for later though.
 
Last edited by TheCruel,
For now, I'm just going to add a single spanish and portuguese version. I need to add a little bit of code to detect console region and adjust accordingly. Prefer not to deal with that right now. I'll add second versions as PRs for later though.
about the crashes. maybe a font for arabic is needed so freeshop will be able to at least load the letters. is that true?
 
about the crashes. maybe a font for arabic is needed so freeshop will be able to at least load the letters. is that true?
Well, even if it cannot find the letters, it shouldn't crash. That's probably a separate problem I need to fix. When it has missing letters, it usually just shows black boxes instead.
I'll look into it later, but it may take some time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From what I've seen in the other translation pointed out in the Pull request, I couldn't see any of those differences in any line, so I think you are good to go with the one I just posted. I also corrected a little accentuation problem present in the other translation.
Thanks. I added some comments to your gist.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is the Simplified Chinese file.
of course,Chinese is created in China.It hasn't been fully tested, I don't have an iQue model.
Thanks! Did this crash when you tried using override.lang? I'm thinking there is a bug when freeShop doesn't recognize one of the strings.
 
The Spanish script looks good, excellent translation, still need to actually try it though. I'll try doing it tomorrow.
 
Well, even if it cannot find the letters, it shouldn't crash. That's probably a separate problem I need to fix. When it has missing letters, it usually just shows black boxes instead.
I'll look into it later, but it may take some time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------


Thanks. I added some comments to your gist.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------


Thanks! Did this crash when you tried using override.lang? I'm thinking there is a bug when freeShop doesn't recognize one of the strings.

Thanks!
I already replied back to that comment with the details. :)
 
I merged a bunch of the translations and am going to push a 2.1.1 release now. Let's see how this works out... ;)
I'll credit everyone who helped translate in freeShop README later.

I could do the translation to finnish, if it's necessary
If you want, it couldn't hurt lol. Though it may not be in high demand. :)
 
Last edited by TheCruel,

Attachments

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted