Homebrew [Help Wanted] freeShop Translations

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I was doing some more thorough testing with the translation and i found out something that propably affects all other translations. To all fellow translators: Try to install a small game from the freeShop. After the download is complete go to the donwload tab and check if it says "Installed" under the game's name instead of your linguistic equivalent.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
So I was doing some more thorough testing with the translation and i found out something that propably affects all other translations. To all fellow translators: Try to install a small game from the freeShop. After the download is complete go to the donwload tab and check if it says "Installed" under the game's name instead of your linguistic equivalent.
You're right. It is in English. :unsure:

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Mine works good

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Here is the Simplified Chinese file.
of course,Chinese is created in China.It hasn't been fully tested, I don't have an iQue model.

Attachments

• Simplified Chinese.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: TheCruel

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be the final german translation now. Got some improvements on your pull on github and all should be fine now @TheCruel

Edit: This is the updated version.

Attachments

• de.lang.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by Traiver,
Reactions: Brawl345
D

Deleted User

@TheCruel
Do u need languages that arent supported by 3ds? Like hebrew? Afaik theres no keyboard or even font for hebrew in the 3ds, but if u need I'll do a translation...

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The portuguese translation looks more like brazillian portuguese. If you wish I can translate it into native portuguese.

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, the file is actually smaller than I expected xD.

@TheCruel I would propose change the language of the actual Portuguese translation to Brazillian Portuguese (PT-BR). I have translated it into Native Portuguese (PT-PT) here. PT-PT is the auto-detected language in Europe, I'm not sure how this works on Brazil, so if someone could tell me how it is, then thanks xD.

EDIT: Forgot to include the file...

Attachments

• pt-pt.lang.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by Ev1lbl0w,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finished translation, but Freeshop does not load override.lang. I tested another language file too.
Do I something wrong?

Screenshot here.
https://imgur.com/a/8sw4L

Japanese lang file Here
Could someone test this?

edit: Of course I'm using 2.1 freeshop
It's newline issue. When it fails to load the file (it's in bad formatting) it will default to English. I've read that with Notepad++ you can do Edit -> EOL Conversion to change to Unix line endings.

Also, typo in URL, but I fixed it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's fixed Jap version @Februarysn0w

Works well for me :)
Of course, make sure to test your translations to see if you can get things fitting better. It sometimes goes off screen and such.

mqRoZvD.png

Let me know if it's impossible to fit text somewhere and I can consider shifting the UI to give more room.

Attachments

• jp.lang.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 444
Last edited by TheCruel,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone made a PR and changed this to enviar which I'm not sure is correct. I used "commit" because that's what the system function name uses that performs the task.
"Commit" is used to mean something similar to "finalize", it's a tech term used in database transactions, where you "commit" modifications once their done. It's also use with git.

Hum. I'm not sure if "enviar" would be the best translation. Let's wait for a second opnion.

Vote count is the total number of votes made. Vote score is the average of all those vote.

As this is related to the function sort, I would use "Mais votados" for vote count, it's common to see this expression. And vote score I would use something like "Mais pontuados". It's close to "the most scored". But I'm not sure for this second one.

Yeah, I figured removing "Select" didn't hurt. It's still obvious what the buttons do. And the buttons are small so it wouldn't fit to translate it anyways.

I see. You could use then just "Todos" and "Nenhum" for all and none, respectively.

Pretty much, yeah. Download inactivity meaning nothing is downloading.

Power off after download inactivity = "Desligar após downloads inativos". I thinks this way fits better.

The rest I think is pretty good for Brazillian portuguese. I was able to understand everything. By the way, excellent job with freeShop and these translations. It will be extreme useful.

I would propose change the language of the actual Portuguese translation to Brazillian Portuguese (PT-BR). I have translated it into Native Portuguese (PT-PT) here. PT-PT is the auto-detected language in Europe, I'm not sure how this works on Brazil, so if someone could tell me how it is, then thanks xD.

A lot companies when they translate something to portuguese and they release here, they normally use portuguese PT-BR. I think the OP could add PT-PT as another option to portuguese. We can understand pretty well both portugueses, but each one has its peculiarity.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel
Do u need languages that arent supported by 3ds? Like hebrew? Afaik theres no keyboard or even font for hebrew in the 3ds, but if u need I'll do a translation...
Probably not worth it. Most 3DS consoles don't have Hebrew, Arabic, or many similar languages (I just tried Hebrew on mine). If nobody can even test it, it's not worth making.
Well, the file is actually smaller than I expected xD.

@TheCruel I would propose change the language of the actual Portuguese translation to Brazillian Portuguese (PT-BR). I have translated it into Native Portuguese (PT-PT) here. PT-PT is the auto-detected language in Europe, I'm not sure how this works on Brazil, so if someone could tell me how it is, then thanks xD.

EDIT: Forgot to include the file...
I was about to say that freeShop has more Brazilian users and I was going to default to that only. But then I remember I could also detect console region along with language setting. So I could make auto-detect use PT-PT for EUR consoles and BR-PT for USA consoles (which includes all Americas).

Suppose I could do the same with Spanish.

True, looks like that text is missing from translation file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...