Homebrew [Help] Updating Wii U from 5.3.2 to 5.1.2

slim21st

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently following the PokeAcer/Lacius guide in the forum to update my 5.3.2U console without removing the current DNS Filters. I've tried posting in the actual thread but it seems it hasn't been visited for a while. I'm hoping someone might be able to help or at the very least direct me in the right path to getting this fixed as I've been stuck on this for almost a week.

I get to the point where the java command is entered and all I get is this. I've tried several different computers and opening powershell/command prompt inside the directory as well as using cd into the directory with the three files and running as administrator but I can't seem to get it to work.

Code:
Commonkey was set to: (HIDDEN)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at de.mas.wiiu.jnus.entities.fst.FST.parseFST(FST.java:42)
        at de.mas.wiiu.jnus.NUSTitleLoader.loadNusTitle(NUSTitleLoader.java:59)
        at de.mas.wiiu.jnus.NUSTitleLoaderRemote.loadNusTitle(NUSTitleLoaderRemote.java:7)
        at de.mas.wiiu.jnus.NUSTitleLoaderRemote.loadNUSTitle(NUSTitleLoaderRemote.java:33)
        at de.mas.wiiu.jnus.NUSTitleLoaderRemote.loadNUSTitle(NUSTitleLoaderRemote.java:18)
        at de.mas.wiiu.titledownloader.titledownloader.Starter.main(Starter.java:100)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if he can just use the offline cache method, don't know if the chance of loading it still the same as in going through loading a page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180715-145639.jpg
    Screenshot_20180715-145639.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 185

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recommend you disable the DNS
update the console to 5.5.2
THEN hack it.

5.5.2 is not that bad. it's not 100% success rate, but it has a good enough rate for you to stop worrying about it.
I even read that 5.5.2 browserhax has been recently (days ago) updated to 100% success rate, so I'm not sure it's really as stable as announced.

once you are on 5.5.2, go to eshop and buy a NDS game.
then follow the tutorial to install haxchi.

if haxchi works can be installed on 5.3.2 then it's even easier, and you don't need java at all. I don't even know or remember why you'd need java.
if you can install haxchi on 5.3.2, then install it. Once installed, disable the DNS and update the console to 5.5.2

slim21st

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, I apologize...I meant 5.5.2.
I was trying to avoid disabling DNS filters and updating it to 5.5.2 with the browser for 5.5.1.

So from what I'm understanding from @Cyan, I can update to 5.5.2 (Which will remove my current homebrew) then try to hack it with haxchi?

I was trying to follow the thread under "tutorials" by PokeAcer to bypass all that but i just can't get the java jar command to compile/run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o