Homebrew Help. FBI won't install anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did it fail h2testw?
Yes it failed, so i tried doing a normal format to erase bad sector on it but failed too. Quick format work but when i start copying after a couple of second it failed with an error and windows cant open it anymore without reformating again.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it failed, so i tried doing a normal format to erase bad sector on it but failed too. Quick format work but when i start copying after a couple of second it failed with an error and windows cant open it anymore without reformating again.
Do you recall it failing at a capacity mark much lower than what your card is suppose to be? Typical fake SD cards are usually relabelled 4 GB ones verifiable up to around 3.76 GB. Bad sectors can't be fixed as this means physical issue from either hardware failure, manufacturer defect, or nonexistent sectors (fake).

I was about to suggest to you SD card brands to consider, but I dunno how much Canada differs versus USA online markets. For all your future flash memory purchases no matter how reputable the seller or store you bought it from is, always verify them with H2testw. It'll save you the headache of lost game saves and important family phone pictures.

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you recall it failing at a capacity mark much lower than what your card is suppose to be? Typical fake SD cards are usually relabelled 4 GB ones verifiable up to around 3.76 GB. Bad sectors can't be fixed as this means physical issue from either hardware failure, manufacturer defect, or nonexistent sectors (fake).

I was about to suggest to you SD card brands to consider, but I dunno how much Canada differs versus USA online markets. For all your future flash memory purchases no matter how reputable the seller or store you bought it from is, always verify them with H2testw. It'll save you the headache of lost game saves and important family phone pictures.
It was a brand new Sandisk from Amazon, the test see the 64gb capacity but it failed on writting on it. For the market Canafa and USA are practically the same.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a brand new Sandisk from Amazon, the test see the 64gb capacity but it failed on writting on it. For the market Canafa and USA are practically the same.
Here is when you can't trust your eyes. It was a card labelled as Sandisk but not necessarily one made by Sandisk themself. Since nothing can be written to it, the card has entered Read-only mode to protect itself from overwriting data on it. It is indeed dead, but the question you have to ask is why did it die so soon?

While it's true legit cards do come from the factory as duds, you also can't trust the computer telling you it's 64 GB as this is easily spoofable. In fact, if your computer states your card has a capacity of exactly 64 GB, then that's definitely a fake. 64 GB cards have actual usuable size of around 60 GB, give or take.

Amazon is susceptible of counterfeits mixing in with the legitimates due to their poor practice of stocking their inventories from different sources. As so long as source A and source B shares the same reported UPC (universal product code) and nothing look out of place at first glance, the two get batched together.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is when you can't trust your eyes. It was a card labelled as Sandisk but not necessarily one made by Sandisk themself. Since nothing can be written to it, the card has entered Read-only mode to protect itself from overwriting data on it. It is indeed dead, but the question you have to ask is why did it die so soon?

While it's true legit cards do come from the factory as duds, you also can't trust the computer telling you it's 64 GB as this is easily spoofable. In fact, if your computer states your card has a capacity of exactly 64 GB, then that's definitely a fake. 64 GB cards have actual usuable size of around 60 GB, give or take.

Amazon is susceptible of counterfeits mixing in with the legitimates due to their poor practice of stocking their inventories from different sources. As so long as source A and source B shares the same reported UPC (universal product code) and nothing look out of place at first glance, the two get batched together.
When i brought it a week ago i put 30gb of games on it and it work fine, windows don't show me 64gb more like 61 or 62gb. I will probably buy a new one in walmart today i dont want to wait for the shipping on Amazon.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, post the exact results of the test. If it's read only try formatting it again then running the test.
Are you sure you bought from Amazon themselves and not a 3rd party seller on Amazon? Fake cards are common online, especially if the price (or capacity) is too good to be true.
It's not normal for a legitimate card to fail quickly.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i brought it a week ago i put 30gb of games on it and it work fine, windows don't show me 64gb more like 61 or 62gb. I will probably buy a new one in walmart today i dont want to wait for the shipping on Amazon.
You may add data in and still have the card work on the 3DS until you try playing a game that had its data corrupted. The computer doesn't verify whether the files you put on a card actually made it on there. That job falls to the SD card's micro controller, which can only do its read and write job if it thinks the card's NAND is really a 64 GB one.

See if Walmart allows price matching against online retailers for cards of the same make and model number.

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, post the exact results of the test. If it's read only try formatting it again then running the test.
Are you sure you bought from Amazon themselves and not a 3rd party seller on Amazon? Fake cards are common online, especially if the price (or capacity) is too good to be true.
It's not normal for a legitimate card to fail quickly.
Will post the result later today im at work now but here is the card i brought.
SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter(SDSQUAR-064G-GN6MA) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B073JYVKNX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_M-jrBb3X9QYJM
I ask for a replacement but i already put the packaging to garbage (SD never failed on me before XD).

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the message i get on h2testw.

Error writing file 'E:\3.h2w', offset 0x12300000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(The drive does not contain the correct floppy disk.
Insert Code 34)
Writing speed: 7.96 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the message i get on h2testw.

Error writing file 'E:\3.h2w', offset 0x12300000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(The drive does not contain the correct floppy disk.
Insert Code 34)
Writing speed: 7.96 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Everything after that error point when it can't be verified means your card's fake.

Were it a single or several discrete point(s) instead of continual streaming not veriable, that would have meant bad sector(s) due from natural wear on the NAND cells.

Report to Amazon your card's new found fake status. In case it's a 3rd party Amazon seller who sent you that card instead of Amazon's own store front, they'll probably backtrack and kick him off from business.

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything after that error point when it can't be verified means your card's fake.

Were it a single or several discrete point(s) instead of continual streaming not veriable, that would have meant bad sector(s) due from natural wear on the NAND cells.

Report to Amazon your card's new found fake status. In case it's a 3rd party Amazon seller who sent you that card instead of Amazon's own store front, they'll probably backtrack and kick him off from business.
Will send them a message right away thank.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

SpartanQc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you all for the answer, got a new one up and running smootly, test without an error, You are a very great community here, much appreciate. :)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up