Help DS-X CRASH!!!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by tropakeroro, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2008

Help DS-X CRASH!!! by tropakeroro at 2:07 PM (4,374 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. tropakeroro
    OP

Newcomer tropakeroro Member

Spain
    help me!!
    fisrt sorry for my bad english im from spain.

i updated yerterday my DS.X card.

in the midle of the update my pc go off. it restarted.

i open windows but when i put the ds x card it dont work..

it says "bad hardaware not recogniced"

i put the DS x card in my nds lite and dont work.

help

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I don't know......maybe you could try asking the question at the official DSX forums. Sorry, I don't know the link offhand.

It sounds like a problem they won't ban you for, and might actually help you with.

Just don't talk about ROMs or anything like that there and you should be OK.

3. jaygee

Newcomer jaygee Member

United States
    you could probably get someone to help you fix it over there, but in all honesty the best fix is to cut your losses buy a new flashcart and enjoy life rather then be frustrated by it.

4. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    go over to ds-xtreme.com, and post a thread about it. For godsake don't mention roms. In theory, they should help you open a trouble ticket and get a new working DS-X. But if you can, you should just tell them you want your money back for a shitty and ill supported product. And then buy another one, like DSTT, Acecard, CycloEvo, or an R4. [​IMG]

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I will help you out [​IMG] I will send you a pm in the next couple of mins [​IMG]

6. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    You shouldn't have updated it, I have heard of many problems when updating. I still have mine at 1.0.2 which is what it came with.

7. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1.0.2 here
    go ahead and plug your ds-x into your computer via USB
    reformat and reinstall update...

8. jaygee

Newcomer jaygee Member

United States
    oh and in response to the title of this thread, the DSX needs no help crashing.. it does a fine job of that on it's own.

9. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've had mine for over a year and has zero issues with crashing, weird...
    I mean, considering how many games actually work with it, it shouldn't crash too much, so what eh...

10. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    His DS-X isn't even crashing, it says right there that he somehow managed to crash his computer in the middle of a firmware update so its been corrupted. The solution would be to run that recovery updater that replaces a fresh firmware.

11. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Problem solved [​IMG]

12. tropakeroro
    OP

Newcomer tropakeroro Member

Spain
    thanxxx thegame07 [​IMG]
    my dsx card work [​IMG]

13. selamat.tingal

Newcomer selamat.tingal Member

United States
    CooOOool... DS-X is now offering support at GBATEMP. What next?... a firmware update?

14. reveng

Member reveng GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thegame07 is always helping people out here, seems a nice enough guy.

15. jaygee

Newcomer jaygee Member

United States
    yeah he seems cool, i trashed him in another thread but it was kind of a victim of circumstance thing. Pent up frustration for the company he mods for, not anything personal.

16. MrSpud

Member MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thegame07 is an alright guy but he's also part of the Ds-x team. I have no idea why he keeps working for free for a bunch of people who are now well know for screwing over a lot of people. Nice guy, maybe, too bad he lacks integrity. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. I don't think that "I used to be a mod for Ds-x" looks really good on a resume. Save yourself Thegame07, come over here and tell what's really going on. Who do you think respects you the most? Ds-x team or the average users? Do you have the balls to answer this question? How much integrity and self-esteem do you have left?

17. DS-X Guru

Newcomer DS-X Guru Part of the DS-X Team

I usually do not respond to any threads on gbatemp, even more rarely do I visit the website, however this thread is quite unfair.

Thegame07 is not part of the core DS-X Team, he is a customer whom became a personal friend of mine. He is a kind soul helping not only "DS-X" out, but moreso their/our customers. He does not do it for any benefits, other than helping others. To go out and about calling him a part of a problem is way beyond reality - Seriously, why would you attack someone who is actually ONLY doing good?

I have NEVER heard your name, NEVER seen an e-mail from you to DS-X asking for anything (may that be support or a firmware update). All you may have done was sit in front of your computer, whining like a little 10 year old who is upset that he has bought a product he is not happy with. Calling thegame07 "part of the problem" is hypocritical, as he has done far more than you for the good of DS-X Owners.

How low does one have to come to bash the only person who was helping everyone out, forwarding community questions to the DS-X team and doing his very best to help customers? Seriously, it can't get any lower than this.

You know, we live in a techy world, you have internet access and all information available on it. Every bit of information regarding the DS-Xtreme was known after the product launched, our updates coming out slowly is something we are even renown for. The only excuse for saying "Well I couldn't know all that! I bought it just at launch!"

Well here's the deal with buying the latest piece of hardware/software:

You could have bought an Nvidia 7950GX2 a year ago, you have the clock speeds of an 8800GT , twice the memory, yet your card will struggle getting half the framerate in UT3 compared to an 8800GTS. Sure, back when it came out it ran the most hardware intensive games at almost impossible framerates compared to other cards, but now in the new day and age, it doesn't.

DS-X, including myself are not bad people who wanted to screw everyone over. We've had numerous times "bad luck" which cost us dearly in development time as well as enhancing the Firmware. To be honest, I don't even want to go into details here, most information is openly available, but if we could give you a new firmware every week, we would.

I just can't see how you can attack the person who did the least wrong for everything that went wrong at DS-X.

If you so wish to be "part of the solution", why not go and create your own Flashcart, tell us how easy it is, and shove your thousands of dollars you make from them under my or anyone at DS-X's nose including your customers "happy happy" feedback? I mean seriously, for someone seemingly knowing all you do - go ahead and do it.

With that said, I hope you leave the people that actually do good in peace, thegame07 surely does not deserve this treatment.

18. throwingks

Newcomer throwingks Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

I am glad you did that. It needed to be done, and there was no reason for TheGame07 to defend himself.

19. the newgod

Newcomer the newgod Member

United Kingdom
    Thegame07 is an ok guy, no one denie that. He is such an ok guy people dont understand why he is still associating with a scum company like yours Guru. Whine like a 10 year old? Barely anyone who bought the Xtreme is happy with it now, early adopters are ditching it and the forums are practicaly dead.

Firstly no one hears from you for months, and you DARE tell someone to go create their own flashcart? Its not our buiness, its yours! And if you look on this forum you would see that yes, people are developing their own firmware for the Xtreme, everyone is tired of your BS excuses and lies.

You are scum, a thief and a liar. GBAtemp have updated the review for your piece of crap product, and they adress the way you guys treat your customers too so hopefully you lot will go bust soon.

Now STFU and go finish the firmware

20. Rabid1

Newcomer Rabid1 Member

United States
    It takes a real dirtbag to give thegame07 crap about helping out and saying he is part of the problem. The same kind of scumbag who send a flame e-mail but blocks a response. Sound like a potato you all might have heard of? I expect to hear it of me because I got blamed for every ban or edit on the board and I accepted that. I don't mind being the bad guy because if I ever care about what someone on the internet thinks of me I'd probably kill myself for being a pathetic loser. While plenty of people play the poor innocent victim that is in fact bullshit. No one has been banned or edited for simply asking a question or posting a complaint. And I also noticed some people are upset with my responses when I ban someone. Well why should I show anybody any respect when they can't show any respect themselves? Attacking thegame proves my point. Even though the current situation suck he is still trying to help out get people sorted out, even after dealing with some of the internet idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.