Not open for further replies.

tropakeroro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
help me!!
fisrt sorry for my bad english im from spain.

i updated yerterday my DS.X card.

in the midle of the update my pc go off. it restarted.

i open windows but when i put the ds x card it dont work..

it says "bad hardaware not recogniced"

i put the DS x card in my nds lite and dont work.

help

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know......maybe you could try asking the question at the official DSX forums. Sorry, I don't know the link offhand.

It sounds like a problem they won't ban you for, and might actually help you with.

Just don't talk about ROMs or anything like that there and you should be OK.

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could probably get someone to help you fix it over there, but in all honesty the best fix is to cut your losses buy a new flashcart and enjoy life rather then be frustrated by it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go over to ds-xtreme.com, and post a thread about it. For godsake don't mention roms. In theory, they should help you open a trouble ticket and get a new working DS-X. But if you can, you should just tell them you want your money back for a shitty and ill supported product. And then buy another one, like DSTT, Acecard, CycloEvo, or an R4.
smile.gif

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and in response to the title of this thread, the DSX needs no help crashing.. it does a fine job of that on it's own.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had mine for over a year and has zero issues with crashing, weird...
I mean, considering how many games actually work with it, it shouldn't crash too much, so what eh...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
His DS-X isn't even crashing, it says right there that he somehow managed to crash his computer in the middle of a firmware update so its been corrupted. The solution would be to run that recovery updater that replaces a fresh firmware.

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thegame07 is an alright guy but he's also part of the Ds-x team. I have no idea why he keeps working for free for a bunch of people who are now well know for screwing over a lot of people. Nice guy, maybe, too bad he lacks integrity. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. I don't think that "I used to be a mod for Ds-x" looks really good on a resume. Save yourself Thegame07, come over here and tell what's really going on. Who do you think respects you the most? Ds-x team or the average users? Do you have the balls to answer this question? How much integrity and self-esteem do you have left?

DS-X Guru

Part of the DS-X Team
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually do not respond to any threads on gbatemp, even more rarely do I visit the website, however this thread is quite unfair.

Thegame07 is not part of the core DS-X Team, he is a customer whom became a personal friend of mine. He is a kind soul helping not only "DS-X" out, but moreso their/our customers. He does not do it for any benefits, other than helping others. To go out and about calling him a part of a problem is way beyond reality - Seriously, why would you attack someone who is actually ONLY doing good?

QUOTE said:
If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

I have NEVER heard your name, NEVER seen an e-mail from you to DS-X asking for anything (may that be support or a firmware update). All you may have done was sit in front of your computer, whining like a little 10 year old who is upset that he has bought a product he is not happy with. Calling thegame07 "part of the problem" is hypocritical, as he has done far more than you for the good of DS-X Owners.

How low does one have to come to bash the only person who was helping everyone out, forwarding community questions to the DS-X team and doing his very best to help customers? Seriously, it can't get any lower than this.

You know, we live in a techy world, you have internet access and all information available on it. Every bit of information regarding the DS-Xtreme was known after the product launched, our updates coming out slowly is something we are even renown for. The only excuse for saying "Well I couldn't know all that! I bought it just at launch!"

Well here's the deal with buying the latest piece of hardware/software:

You could have bought an Nvidia 7950GX2 a year ago, you have the clock speeds of an 8800GT , twice the memory, yet your card will struggle getting half the framerate in UT3 compared to an 8800GTS. Sure, back when it came out it ran the most hardware intensive games at almost impossible framerates compared to other cards, but now in the new day and age, it doesn't.

DS-X, including myself are not bad people who wanted to screw everyone over. We've had numerous times "bad luck" which cost us dearly in development time as well as enhancing the Firmware. To be honest, I don't even want to go into details here, most information is openly available, but if we could give you a new firmware every week, we would.

I just can't see how you can attack the person who did the least wrong for everything that went wrong at DS-X.

If you so wish to be "part of the solution", why not go and create your own Flashcart, tell us how easy it is, and shove your thousands of dollars you make from them under my or anyone at DS-X's nose including your customers "happy happy" feedback? I mean seriously, for someone seemingly knowing all you do - go ahead and do it.

With that said, I hope you leave the people that actually do good in peace, thegame07 surely does not deserve this treatment.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thegame07 is an ok guy, no one denie that. He is such an ok guy people dont understand why he is still associating with a scum company like yours Guru. Whine like a 10 year old? Barely anyone who bought the Xtreme is happy with it now, early adopters are ditching it and the forums are practicaly dead.

QUOTE said:
Every bit of information regarding the DS-Xtreme was known after the product launched, our updates coming out slowly is something we are even renown for. The only excuse for saying "Well I couldn't know all that! I bought it just at launch!"
You guys promised us regular updates so STFU! Your team is renowned for being crap and sitting back and letting a good product die, not listening to your cutomer base and not even opening your mouths when everyone is begging for a simple status update.

As for this BS QUOTEIf you so wish to be "part of the solution", why not go and create your own Flashcart, tell us how easy it is, and shove your thousands of dollars you make from them under my or anyone at DS-X's nose including your customers "happy happy" feedback?

Firstly no one hears from you for months, and you DARE tell someone to go create their own flashcart? Its not our buiness, its yours! And if you look on this forum you would see that yes, people are developing their own firmware for the Xtreme, everyone is tired of your BS excuses and lies.

You are scum, a thief and a liar. GBAtemp have updated the review for your piece of crap product, and they adress the way you guys treat your customers too so hopefully you lot will go bust soon.

Now STFU and go finish the firmware

Rabid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a real dirtbag to give thegame07 crap about helping out and saying he is part of the problem. The same kind of scumbag who send a flame e-mail but blocks a response. Sound like a potato you all might have heard of? I expect to hear it of me because I got blamed for every ban or edit on the board and I accepted that. I don't mind being the bad guy because if I ever care about what someone on the internet thinks of me I'd probably kill myself for being a pathetic loser. While plenty of people play the poor innocent victim that is in fact bullshit. No one has been banned or edited for simply asking a question or posting a complaint. And I also noticed some people are upset with my responses when I ban someone. Well why should I show anybody any respect when they can't show any respect themselves? Attacking thegame proves my point. Even though the current situation suck he is still trying to help out get people sorted out, even after dealing with some of the internet idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released