Help C Stick connection is broken

manlgonzlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi I was trying to fix my new 3ds c stick problem and I broke the latch . Any solution? Soldering may be but I need to buy that piece first.

Attachments

• 20231205_213724.jpg
    20231205_213724.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi I was trying to fix my new 3ds c stick problem and I broke the latch . Any solution? Soldering may be but I need to buy that piece first.
Sometimes you can get away with placing a layer of paper and a few layers of tape on that to hold the ribbon cable in place well enough to make contact.

Ribbon connectors can be VERY difficult to desolder and solder without melting them. The old one can be removed with hot air (doesn't matter if it melts), but to solder the new one on, hot air is probably not recommended. Instead try a soldering station on a low setting, with a low melt solder like and just be quick with the iron and avoid touching the plastic. People seem to have more success that way. That advice isn't specifically for this ribbon connector but general advice, which should also apply to this. As in this case it's only 4 pins, it shouldn't be difficult to solder with an iron, you might not even need low melt solder, but it's an incredibly handy thing to have around for tricky soldering or desoldering jobs. Pricy though.

Edit: It keeps turning the Amazon link into an embed and the embed isn't working for me. :mellow:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019UZP7I/
So here is the link in a code block in case the embed is broken for you too.

Edit2: That daughterboard only has buttons and such on it, no logic, correct? You could probably buy a replacement daughterboard for a reasonable price (it might be the only way to get the ribbon connector anyways) and you wouldn't have to worry about soldering.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

manlgonzlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sometimes you can get away with placing a layer of paper and a few layers of tape on that to hold the ribbon cable in place well enough to make contact.

Ribbon connectors can be VERY difficult to desolder and solder without melting them. The old one can be removed with hot air (doesn't matter if it melts), but to solder the new one on, hot air is probably not recommended. Instead try a soldering station on a low setting, with a low melt solder like and just be quick with the iron and avoid touching the plastic. People seem to have more success that way. That advice isn't specifically for this ribbon connector but general advice, which should also apply to this. As in this case it's only 4 pins, it shouldn't be difficult to solder with an iron, you might not even need low melt solder, but it's an incredibly handy thing to have around for tricky soldering or desoldering jobs. Pricy though.

Edit: It keeps turning the Amazon link into an embed and the embed isn't working for me. :mellow:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019UZP7I/
So here is the link in a code block in case the embed is broken for you too.

Edit2: That daughterboard only has buttons and such on it, no logic, correct? You could probably buy a replacement daughterboard for a reasonable price (it might be the only way to get the ribbon connector anyways) and you wouldn't have to worry about soldering.
thanks for the information. I think the best option and cheapest way to solve it is gettin a replacement, like 12 bucks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch