2DS XL ribbon latch fell off

HorsemanOfApocalypse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all, im new here and I wanted to ask is it possible to somehow save my 2DS XL
20231010_023437.jpg

As seen on the picture, the latch broke off the board and some pins are damaged. Is it possible to buy a new latch and glue it to the board or do I need to buy whole logic board?

HorsemanOfApocalypse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
View attachment 398422

Looks like you are missing the zif connector
Yea both fell off and I managed to glue one in place. Its working now, but the other one that's detached cant be glued since the pins on the board are scraped. That's why I asked if getting the whole new connector can circumvent the pins, or do I need to find a new board

NASSULY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah this issue is pretty common and it happened to me aswell while taking apart my old 2DS, that connector isn't supposed to be pulled up like the other ones, the ribbon cable slides inside it. The connector in the pic is 100% peeled and won't give you a good connection again, the best fix is swapping motherboards as they've said in another reply up there.

(Putting tape with some kind of plastic might do as a quickfix but I can't really say it will work)

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been careful with my hinge. Like, I know it can open up to 180, with a few snap points, but is that safe? I stick to 135 degrees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...