goldencoolsam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I currently have my wii softmodded, via the old twillight hack method, with Waninkoko Custom Cios v10 and downgraded to 3.2U, like it was mandatory back in time. I also have bootmii v0.9 installed as boot2, and i have a Nand Backup.

Well, i'm experiencing some trouble now. First, I can't launch homebrew channel through bootmii; when I start my wii, it load bootmii, and if I try to load HBC from bootmii, blackscreen forever. This bug came after I installed the HBC update that popped out automaticaly while I was in HBC; I had installed the HBC update and DVDX from the update program that popped out, then I were unable to boot HBC from bootmii.

It realy bother me because botting HBC from bootmii saved me from a semi-brick, when I had Bootmii, but without nand backup. I just had downgraded-upgraded back to 3.2U and corrected my semi-brick.

Is there a way to fix this bug?

Also, what is the safest way to upgrade my wii to 4.2?

Finally, one last thing : Which is the best Cios I can install on my wii? Because at the moment Waninkoko Custom Cios v10 work great, but I can't play Guitar Hero 5 and Monster Hunter tri. (Those are the only 2 games I can't play).

I know this is a lot to ask, but I will greately appreciate if anybody could help me in any point I pointed out.

goldencoolsam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks. And for upgrading to 4.2U while having those mod? (and maybe Cioscorp too i think), what's the risk? Should I upgrade it with the wii upgrader tool thingy wich was used long time ago to downgrade?

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goldencoolsam said:
Okay, thanks. And for upgrading to 4.2U while having those mod? (and maybe Cioscorp too i think), what's the risk? Should I upgrade it with the wii upgrader tool thingy wich was used long time ago to downgrade?
Uninstall cioscorp, then do a nintendo update. This shouldn't brick you. Now re-stoftmod.
Use Wanin's ciosx 19(or was 20 released? I forget)

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
BTW updating to 4.2 will not get those 2 games to work for you - there are cIOS related issues for them. For MH3 it will run if you install Hermes cIOS rev4. Your BootMii/HBC problem is purely a compatibility issue - you need a newer version of Bootmii thats all - get the latest Hackmii installer and install the latest Bootmii.

goldencoolsam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard the only way to install Cioscorp is by upgrading/downgrading, so should I just update my wii to 4.2U with nintendo update from the wii setting, then re-softmod from scratch?

I just want to know, if I upgrade my wii that way, will I still have bootmii since its boot2, so I can Nand restore in case of brick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol