Help bringing wii up to date, and Bootmii/HBC bug

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by goldencoolsam, May 19, 2010.

1. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada
    Hello,

I currently have my wii softmodded, via the old twillight hack method, with Waninkoko Custom Cios v10 and downgraded to 3.2U, like it was mandatory back in time. I also have bootmii v0.9 installed as boot2, and i have a Nand Backup.

Well, i'm experiencing some trouble now. First, I can't launch homebrew channel through bootmii; when I start my wii, it load bootmii, and if I try to load HBC from bootmii, blackscreen forever. This bug came after I installed the HBC update that popped out automaticaly while I was in HBC; I had installed the HBC update and DVDX from the update program that popped out, then I were unable to boot HBC from bootmii.

It realy bother me because botting HBC from bootmii saved me from a semi-brick, when I had Bootmii, but without nand backup. I just had downgraded-upgraded back to 3.2U and corrected my semi-brick.

Is there a way to fix this bug?

Also, what is the safest way to upgrade my wii to 4.2?

Finally, one last thing : Which is the best Cios I can install on my wii? Because at the moment Waninkoko Custom Cios v10 work great, but I can't play Guitar Hero 5 and Monster Hunter tri. (Those are the only 2 games I can't play).

I know this is a lot to ask, but I will greately appreciate if anybody could help me in any point I pointed out.

2. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    for a quick,simple guide is suggest the stickied thread here

but a detailed guide which might confuse you a bit would be the CSG

both of those are safe so don't worry,and start from scratch(update to 4.2)

3. Bumpman

Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Re-install bootmii, that should fix it.

4. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada
    I don't risk to brick my wii while upgrading to 4.2 since I have lot of mod in it alrealy?

5. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada
    How much risk I have to brick my wii while re-installing bootmii as boot2 if I alrealy have it as boot2?

6. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    next to zero risk, only way to screw it up is to lose power during the 1.5 seconds its installing it

7. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada
    Okay, thanks. And for upgrading to 4.2U while having those mod? (and maybe Cioscorp too i think), what's the risk? Should I upgrade it with the wii upgrader tool thingy wich was used long time ago to downgrade?

8. Bumpman

Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Uninstall cioscorp, then do a nintendo update. This shouldn't brick you. Now re-stoftmod.
    Use Wanin's ciosx 19(or was 20 released? I forget)

9. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    20 is not released.

10. ocdetective

ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Malaysia
    BTW updating to 4.2 will not get those 2 games to work for you - there are cIOS related issues for them. For MH3 it will run if you install Hermes cIOS rev4. Your BootMii/HBC problem is purely a compatibility issue - you need a newer version of Bootmii thats all - get the latest Hackmii installer and install the latest Bootmii.

11. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada
    I heard the only way to install Cioscorp is by upgrading/downgrading, so should I just update my wii to 4.2U with nintendo update from the wii setting, then re-softmod from scratch?

I just want to know, if I upgrade my wii that way, will I still have bootmii since its boot2, so I can Nand restore in case of brick?

12. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    yes you will be fine just update and follow the guide, its easy man

13. goldencoolsam
    OP

goldencoolsam Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2009
    Canada