ROM Hack [HELP] Ace Attorney 5 - Dual Destinies modified videos softlock

Initiate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd asked about this some in the FTI discord in #dai-gyakuten-saiban but I figured it could use its own thread. I'm currently working on a complete undub of AA5 - Dual Destinies that includes fully subtitled cutscenes, but I've hit a roadblock. To add subtitles to the cutscenes, I've been using Mobius/MobiDecoder (it happens with both) to output the MOFLEX videos into a format After Effects can understand, after which I use the Mobiclip Multicore Encoder to re-encode the (now subtitled) videos to MOFLEX. However, after rebuilding the CIA I'm unable to get my modified videos to play. The effect is different depending on file size - if the modified video is larger than the original, the entire console will freeze, requiring a hard shutdown. If the video is smaller than the original, the game will appear to have loaded it but will stay on a black screen until the software is closed from the home menu.

Is there something I'm missing? There was one other thread about this problem from 2017 that never received a reply.

Edit 1/26/2020: No responses yet. I'm considering trying to backport AA6's subtitle code but that's a daunting task. Really, if you have any idea what's gone wrong (or know anyone who might) please let me know.

Last edited by Initiate,

rd2k3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I have translated ex troopers and figure out how to work with moflex videos. When i have a little time, i'll send the manuals and tools ok

Orph3o-89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd asked about this some in the FTI discord in #dai-gyakuten-saiban but I figured it could use its own thread. I'm currently working on a complete undub of AA5 - Dual Destinies that includes fully subtitled cutscenes, but I've hit a roadblock. To add subtitles to the cutscenes, I've been using Mobius/MobiDecoder (it happens with both) to output the MOFLEX videos into a format After Effects can understand, after which I use the Mobiclip Multicore Encoder to re-encode the (now subtitled) videos to MOFLEX. However, after rebuilding the CIA I'm unable to get my modified videos to play. The effect is different depending on file size - if the modified video is larger than the original, the entire console will freeze, requiring a hard shutdown. If the video is smaller than the original, the game will appear to have loaded it but will stay on a black screen until the software is closed from the home menu.

Is there something I'm missing? There was one other thread about this problem from 2017 that never received a reply.

Edit 1/26/2020: No responses yet. I'm considering trying to backport AA6's subtitle code but that's a daunting task. Really, if you have any idea what's gone wrong (or know anyone who might) please let me know.
I know this post is 2 years old, but I'd like to know if you managed to put subtitles in the cutscenes, please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert