HBC release for WiiU

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Both the installer and the HBC seem to be very buggy, at least on the Wii. First it told me I could only install Bootmii as IOS (which isn't true), then only offered to install it as boot2. After updating the HBC, I went back to find that about 3/4 of my icons would not show up.
Is it this buggy on the Wii as well? I'm wondering if I should update or not.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you reported your issues somewhere that TT will actually see it? (e.g. HackMii blog, the bug tracker: http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?project=6 [although I dunno if they still look at that or not] etc.) They probably won't see it here.
I reported them at the blog post (comment is awaiting moderation), because the bug tracker seems to have been abandoned. I never received a reply or confirmation for the v1.1.0 bug I reported months ago.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
no fking way, cool, any guinea pigs?

Hope they've reworked their "anti reverse engineering" stuff for this version since it looks like Ninty broke through their last version. I don't want them to have to rework this thing every time Ninty updates their software.
I think that is always going to be the case; look how it is on the 3ds, it's a cat and mouse game for nintendo and the hackers, expect to be updating the homebrew channel frequently from here on out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both the installer and the HBC seem to be very buggy, at least on the Wii. First it told me I could only install Bootmii as IOS (which isn't true), then only offered to install it as boot2. After updating the HBC, I went back to find that about 3/4 of my icons would not show up.
dhewg has identified the issue with icons (as in, where the bug arose from), I'd say that'll be fixed in the next release. There are also some display issues which will also be fixed for the next release.

As for only offering to install as boot2: is that not right? I thought recent versions of HackMii Installer automatically install BootMii IOS, and thus it doesn't give you the option to install it (only to uninstall it and to prepare the SD card, I think). Although it's been a while since I ran the installer, so I may be remembering that wrong.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
dhewg has identified the issue with icons (as in, where the bug arose from), I'd say that'll be fixed in the next release. There are also some display issues which will also be fixed for the next release.
I know, he responded to my report on HackMii.

As for only offering to install as boot2: is that not right? I thought recent versions of HackMii Installer automatically install BootMii IOS, and thus it doesn't give you the option to install it (only to uninstall it and to prepare the SD card, I think). Although it's been a while since I ran the installer, so I may be remembering that wrong.
No, up until now you have been able to manage both versions.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool just cool. If I had a wii u I would be the guinea pig and install some wiiware wads in this puppy!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(