HBC release for WiiU

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I can't wait to see what happens when the WiiU's Wii NAND partition is "bricked". XD
Go find out Guinea pigs! :lol:

Bet Nintsy will be quick to patch this :P (btw--Is it true what I heard that Wii Mode is locked if the WiiU sees an update? Forgot where I saw that)

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it can't load loaders and ios installers?
It can load them, but they will not function on the WiiU, no.
(btw--Is it true what I heard that Wii Mode is locked if the WiiU sees an update? Forgot where I saw that)
From what I gathered of my reading of that stuff, it seems like it says in the WiiU manual or something that they can do that, but there's no evidence that they have the code in place to actually do so AFAIK. But I may have misunderstood that.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
how and when will Nintendo responded to this

make the wiiU deleted the channel when wiiMode boots (as well as other homebrew)

block the games the have the run exploit

disable SD card support when games run form discs

auto delete file when you put the sd card in (even in wii mode)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Both the installer and the HBC seem to be very buggy, at least on the Wii. First it told me I could only install Bootmii as IOS (which isn't true), then only offered to install it as boot2. After updating the HBC, I went back to find that about 3/4 of my icons would not show up.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for clarifying, what about wad managers?
For now we got some good emulators, satisfying enough.
No, they won't work either. Anything involving c(rap)IOS or other patched IOS will not work.
Both the installer and the HBC seem to be very buggy, at least on the Wii. First it told me I could only install Bootmii as IOS (which isn't true), then only offered to install it as boot2. After updating the HBC, I went back to find that about 3/4 of my icons would not show up.
Have you reported your issues somewhere that TT will actually see it? (e.g. HackMii blog, the bug tracker: http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?project=6 [although I dunno if they still look at that or not] etc.) They probably won't see it here.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
A little reading up and I see this installs BootMii 1.5 on a normal Wii the HBC is at 1.1.1 but other than a new Title ID and a new install method w/IOS exploit, I don't see a change log for either of these anywhere?

Anyone know more details?

Also, good job tueidj for the exploit. Just in case, I'm hoping the one used by Crediar is still unused and can be a backup if Ninty finds this one, too. Between this and adding Wiimote support for Devo, it's no wonder tueidj has been so hard to find lately. He's been pretty busy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it