Has the 300 (292) Title Limit been Patched Yet?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But it doesn't feel like more titles slows down anything in the menu as far as I could ever tell. It's just the populating of all your titles that might take a minute. Everything else seems to load up just as quickly as a Wii U does with 10 titles.
Maybe I'm biased or something. But with the release firmware, I remember the Wii U Menu didn't show up until every item has its icon loaded.

In later updates, they improved this to the actual behavior where it loads the Wii U Menu, had all the icons loaded or not.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm biased or something. But with the release firmware, I remember the Wii U Menu didn't show up until every item has its icon loaded.

Oh wow no, that is not how it behaves at all, I don't remember it ever behaving that way, but maybe when it launched at the very start it was poorly programed like that, I didn't get my Wii U until like a year into its life.

Anyway, the menu loads up just as quickly as it does with very few titles and the titles fill up your menu from there, they'll quickly fill up the page you're on first before getting to others. And again, while they populate, you can still navigate the menu no problem and even launch a title before the whole menu is populated.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh wow no, that is not how it behaves at all. The menu loads up just as quickly as it always has and the titles fill up your menu from there, they'll quickly fill up the page you're on first before getting to others. And again, while they populate, you can still navigate the menu no problem and even launch a title before the whole menu is populated.
Are you also talking about 1.0 firmware? I am no expert, of course, but remember it loading a lot slower when there were more items on screen.

But whatever. Looking forward to Aroma after Tiramisu improvements over CHBC.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you also talking about 1.0 firmware? I am no expert, of course, but remember it loading a lot slower when there were more items on screen.

But whatever. Looking forward to Aroma after Tiramisu improvements over CHBC.

Like my late edit there got at, maybe when it launched at the very start it was poorly programed like that, I didn't get my Wii U until like a year into its life. So I could have missed that.

But if the 300 limit exists because of the launch firmware programming, that's all the more reason why it feels so arbitrary today.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suppose that the problem could be the limitations of the 1 Gig of RAM available for the Wii U system..... Especially during on loading stage, with such interactive Wii U Menu, could run out from RAM availability and get corrupt on fly Data transfers and create the problems for booting the games. Probably to play safe they limited the icons channels installation. Everything that loads in Wii U Menu (except the wipe fly data stage) will influence the stability of that (because will continue to load in RAM), even if apparently everything it's working fine. The Wii U, as any PC/Console, it doesn't have unlimited hardware resources availability.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Complete English Language collection installed on 2tb external drive. All Updates/DLC and VC included with 300gb to spare for the missing Japanese exclusive games. All accessible with Launchiine. No nag screen or warnings.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
INB4: "Who has 300+ games installed at the same time?"

I do.

It's been three years since I last hit the Homebrew Scene with any significant dedication, and ever since I found out the hard way about the 300 title limit (which is really 293 due to the 7 apps already installed, 292 if you're using a DS VC title for CBHC, 291 if Mario Kart 8 came pre-installed) I've been looking for workarounds such as back-up loaders that don't have or can help get around the title limit.

Just wanted to check and see if update 5.5.5, Tiramisu, at FTP Workaround, etc. has been able to increase or bypass the 300 title limit altogether, since it'd be nice to not have to keep three different storage devices organized for one console.

Soon

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-launchiine-a-wii-u-menu-replacement.606424/page-2

AskingForTrouble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete English Language collection installed on 2tb external drive. All Updates/DLC and VC included with 300gb to spare for the missing Japanese exclusive games. All accessible with Launchiine. No nag screen or warnings.
That's impressive. How did you setup launchiine? How many issues are there with the software at this time?

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
That's impressive. How did you setup launchiine? How many issues are there with the software at this time?
There are many issues at the moment mainly to do with random crashing. Apart from that Titles can't be sorted at the moment so scrolling through tiles of games is quite random.

Update from earlier post :- Complete English language set and missing Japanese games all fit on 2tb drive. Only games missing now are Shmup Collection and Finding Teddy 2.

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, i got the point of this thread. You should read the whole thread instead of reading only a few replies where you dunno the actual context.
I read the entire thread and you literally do what the OP said in his original post

"wHy Do YoU nEeD tHaT mAnY gAmEs?"

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want a cookie now? You reached the title limit...and? You'll never play them all.
Depends what they're doing. I could definitely load up my Wii U with all my favorite VC titles and injects and probably reach about the 300 title limit. I mean between: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GB/GBC, GBA, DS, and Wii U games, I could probably find 300 games that I've loved across them over years, that'd only be like 33 titles per system, that really isn't hard to imagine at all when you think about it.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Takokeshi

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends what they're doing. I could definitely load up my Wii U with all my favorite VC titles and injects and probably reach about the 300 title limit. I mean between: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GB/GBC, GBA, DS, and Wii U games, I could probably find 300 games that I've loved across them over years, that'd only be like 33 titles per system, that really isn't hard to find at all when you think about it.
That's why I use emualtors instead

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I'm just responding to the thought that it's impossible that someone could have 300 titles on their Wii U that they would genuinely play all of them. Really isn't hard for me to fathom honestly.
yeah, I had about 500 games for each the ps3 and the 360, but I lost both hdds several years ago. since then, I decided just to install games I might actually play, so I have maybe 50 games for the ps3, and only 20 or so for the 360. I did manage to salvage nearly the entire xbla collection, same with say the wii hdd, but that was just for collective purposes. imo, a lot of pirates simply pirate because they can, and they feverishly download every game that's uploaded, even though a good amount are crap (on all systems). there's almost a greedy nature to it.

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People have been asking about the 300 title limit for the 3DS and Wii U for years, myself included. And it's become clear to me that it's never gonna be tackled. The people that might be able to figure out such a thing don't seem interested in looking into it at all, and I totally get it.

What I could suggest, is store your excess games on a second USB hard drive, and then just swap drives (with the system off, Wii U doesn't like you changing out the hard drives while it's on (and not in the vWii)) when you want to play games on the other drive. It's not perfect, but it works. You could also opt to store extra games inside Loadiine, of course those games will take longer to boot up.

I think in these days, that would be the only unpractical solution for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro