Has anyone ever done a fingerprint live scan before?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ChaosBoi, May 10, 2012.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    So basically, I need to get a county background check by the end of this month for Job Corps purposes. I was told by the staffs there to go to my local Sheriff's department, and they forwarded me to the Dept of Justice for obtaining a records review packet. I just got the application in the mail, and I filled it out. However, the instructions that came with the form didn't tell me what I'm supposed to do with it once I've completed it. At the top of the form, it says "Request for Live Scan Services" or something to that effect.

So, am I supposed to take this form to a fingerprinting office or do I mail it somewhere? Google yielded no helpful information for regarding this matter, and I really need some help on this. I'm from California by the way, if that matters.

2. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Go to the sheriff's department and ask. They'll probably know.

Off topic, but the topic title made me want to say "Yeah, it burned off my fingerprints. Really helped in the MIB, but now I can't get jobs that require fingerprinting."

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Shouldn't that not be an issue? I think having no unique fingerprints would be a pretty unique and distinguishing feature.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It would probably burn off any of the glands/pores that produce natural oils, thus no fingerprint means no prints altogether.