Has anyone else having a hard time playing Pokemon go?

FeverishJackal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My area is a barren wasteland. No gyms, no poke stops, and barely any Pokemon. I thought this was because I was at my house, but after driving around my town and finding nothing, I have to wonder if anyone else is having issues like this

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My area is a barren wasteland. No gyms, no poke stops, and barely any Pokemon. I thought this was because I was at my house, but after driving around my town and finding nothing, I have to wonder if anyone else is having issues like this
I live in a pretty big city (probably more like medium sized by USA standards), it's not huge but there are plenty of pokestops and gyms around. I know there are places like you describe though. For me anywhere not in the center of the city is like that, though there are usually 1 or 2 pokestops I can reach without walking too far. One of the issues with the game right now is that people who don't live in or near at least a medium sized are pretty much screwed. But at least you can find a ton of Pidgeys and Weedles which are great for leveling up quickly if you evolve them all at the same time with a lucky egg active ;)

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, not much around me. I've been playing since July 7th and I'm only Lv. 5 albeit I don't actually go out just for pokémon go. I only use it when I'm walking around town usually twice a day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code for Pokemon appearing is directly related to the concentration of cellphone signals, so you will get less pokemon if you are in an area with less phones. I've found that the best areas to catch pokemon and find pokestops are tourist traps. They tend to have alot of landmarks that are used as pokestops and the constant flow of people makes it so pokemon appear at a high rate. Lots of people place Lures there as well.

Reactions: Deleted User

otenko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I usually can play Pokémon Go well, even living in a small town with 4 Pokéstops and 1 Gym. However sometimes I get the impression that I already captured all the Pokémon I can.

BB1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having good luck in my town by going to the park and mall but near my house I cant even get pokemon to spawn let alone find a gym or pokestop

FeverishJackal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having good luck in my town by going to the park and mall but near my house I cant even get pokemon to spawn let alone find a gym or pokestop
My friend Jan was only ever able to find anything by going to the Bentonville town square, but I live in a town next to Bentonville, so I'm pretty far away from it. Which means that I would have to drive out 40 minutes to catch or see anything

BB1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend Jan was only ever able to find anything by going to the Bentonville town square, but I live in a town next to Bentonville, so I'm pretty far away from it. Which means that I would have to drive out 40 minutes to catch or see anything

Its definitely not fair if your not living in California or New York or some other pokemon go hotspot where its chalk full of pokemon, pokestops and gyms. I mean how they did it makes sense with the whole more cellular data spawns more and better pokemon it just needs to be tweaked if theres a small amount of data like in rural or less populated areas something has to appear. for the pokestops there is no reason there needs to be 5 pokestops on top of each other where other areas theres not one in sight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o