Emulate DVD Read Speed when loading games from Hard Disc - Original Xbox

Kazmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm playing through Fatal Frame II and I'm quite liking it so far, save for the random crashes. Apparently this is a somewhat known issue when loading off hard disc, and I assume it's because it's loading faster. After all, that's about the only difference. I've tried playing off my disc of the game, but my disk drive is all clickitiy clackity I won't read your game randomly. So basically random crashes for different reasons.

More to the point, is there a way to force the game to load slower from the Hard Drive as if I were playing from a disc? I know the Wii and GameCube have an "Emulate Disc Read Speed" in some homebrews and Dolphin, but I didn't see anything like that on my dashboard.

TL;DR: need to purposely lower reading speeds from hard disk. Is possible?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of such an issue. Are you sure the game files you're using are good and not corrupt in some way? Other people have encountered similar issues with this game?
I know i FF played for a bit on Xbox but haven't played the 2nd one so i wouldn't know..
need to purposely lower reading speeds from hard disk. Is possible?
Don't think that's possible. You can force the game to play in ntsc/or pal video mode, but nothing regarding read speed, no.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that, like OPL on the PS2, some bioses allow you to force IDE speed - though of course that's no "more accurate optical drive emulation" (there's no "inaccurate optical drive emulation" either, folder-type game backups run directly from the HDD as is possible by default in most computer OSes including the very customized windows 2000 you're running :P, not sure about the ISO mount homebrew but I doubt it goes out of its way to do the job either)

Kazmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other people have encountered similar issues with this game?

Here's the one thread I found about it online, and its my exact issue and he fixed it by loading off disc.
I'm thinking of next trying to mount the ISO directly () and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong