Hacking Hardware Brick vs Software Brick?

FastyWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody,
A friend of mine gave me an used Wii (according to him in "good condition") for free, so I wanted to experiment with it, sadly enough I messed it, and now its just a brick, I installed Homebrew channel perfect, then I read about something called Priiloader which installed just fine, Wii worked normal after installation and I reboot.

Well... it never boot again, however I am wondering, do you know when the Wii is bricked by hardware or by software? because it does not turn on at all, I was expecting that if I mess something by Priiloader, at least boot? a black screen error? something.... but right now, the Wii just shows a red led on power button and when I push it I only hear "tick tick", and if I keep it pressed it just go on... "tick tick .... tick", the lights that comes from the DVD drive do not show neither.

Now, the main question, is that what a (software) bricked Wii is supposed to do? it wont turn on again? no green led anymore? or maybe that's the reason.... he gave it to me hehehe, I read that if the Bluetoothor or Wifi fails it may do that.

Thanks in advance, I guess nothing can be done, but I was just looking for the sake of learning what could happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D