Hardware Brick vs Software Brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FastyWii, Oct 10, 2014.

1. FastyWii
    OP

FastyWii Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2014
    United States
    Hello everybody,
    A friend of mine gave me an used Wii (according to him in "good condition") for free, so I wanted to experiment with it, sadly enough I messed it, and now its just a brick, I installed Homebrew channel perfect, then I read about something called Priiloader which installed just fine, Wii worked normal after installation and I reboot.

Well... it never boot again, however I am wondering, do you know when the Wii is bricked by hardware or by software? because it does not turn on at all, I was expecting that if I mess something by Priiloader, at least boot? a black screen error? something.... but right now, the Wii just shows a red led on power button and when I push it I only hear "tick tick", and if I keep it pressed it just go on... "tick tick .... tick", the lights that comes from the DVD drive do not show neither.

Now, the main question, is that what a (software) bricked Wii is supposed to do? it wont turn on again? no green led anymore? or maybe that's the reason.... he gave it to me hehehe, I read that if the Bluetoothor or Wifi fails it may do that.

Thanks in advance, I guess nothing can be done, but I was just looking for the sake of learning what could happened.

2. Disorarara

Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2012
    Well how did you mess it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice