Hacking hard to depress spring in acekard

themockingbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an acekard 2i and the first time i put a micro sd into it, it flushly went in and clicked. the next time i put it in, i heard something crack and from then on, it's really hard to put the micro sd into the card. at least it goes in eventually! it just takes a lot more effort than it did for my r4. i'm just wondering if this is an acekard thing or is mine just defective =/

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once you've got the SD card in there, don't eject it! Remove the card by pulling it out as if it wasn't a spring loaded slot. You can then just reinsert it by pushing it in, again as if it wasn't a spring loaded slot.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you just need to open it up and fix the spring. sounds like it is out of place, probably the 'crack' you heard. there are a few youtube vids on how to fix the spring. also might want to try searching gbatemp. this is a common problem.

-another world

themockingbird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tksaturn, that didn't work for me
well after searching around a bit, it seems that the easiest way is to apply more pressure to get the micro sd to go in, since that works for me. but in the long run, this will probably be bad. anyone else had to do this?

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
use TK's method, and when you push it in, don't push it all the way down, cause that activates the spring again, just push it down until its in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o