hard to depress spring in acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by themockingbird, Mar 31, 2010.

Mar 31, 2010
  1. themockingbird
    OP

Newcomer themockingbird Member

United States
    I just got an acekard 2i and the first time i put a micro sd into it, it flushly went in and clicked. the next time i put it in, i heard something crack and from then on, it's really hard to put the micro sd into the card. at least it goes in eventually! it just takes a lot more effort than it did for my r4. i'm just wondering if this is an acekard thing or is mine just defective =/

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Once you've got the SD card in there, don't eject it! Remove the card by pulling it out as if it wasn't a spring loaded slot. You can then just reinsert it by pushing it in, again as if it wasn't a spring loaded slot.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you just need to open it up and fix the spring. sounds like it is out of place, probably the 'crack' you heard. there are a few youtube vids on how to fix the spring. also might want to try searching gbatemp. this is a common problem.

-another world

4. themockingbird
    OP

Newcomer themockingbird Member

United States
    @tksaturn, that didn't work for me
    well after searching around a bit, it seems that the easiest way is to apply more pressure to get the micro sd to go in, since that works for me. but in the long run, this will probably be bad. anyone else had to do this?

5. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    use TK's method, and when you push it in, don't push it all the way down, cause that activates the spring again, just push it down until its in there.