Halo 4 Launch Date Revealed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Apr 17, 2012.

Apr 17, 2012

Halo 4 Launch Date Revealed by Gahars at 11:17 PM (1,672 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Halo 4, currently being developed by 343 Industries (after Bungie lived up to their name and jumped ship), is certainly looking like it will be another Halo game. And now we know when it's coming out.

I'm so excited. But wait, there's more.

Source: Gamesradar

It's looking like we're going to be seeing a very competitive November, with new entries in the Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Grand Theft Auto (maybe) franchises launching around the same time. It sure will be interesting to see how this game fares against all the rest.

Wow, this is tense. Grab your Assault Rifles, fellow fans, and set your phasers to phun. You can go to wwzzzzzzzzzz......

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Seems like every November becomes the clusterfuck of awesome games.

Although Halo 4 really isn't one of them. That being said, I did kinda enjoy Reach from the small bit I played, but I'm not gonna spend $60 on Halo 4. I still regret paying like $10 for Halo 3. Played that game once and now it sets on my shelf.

3. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I view Halo as a better alternative to CoD. More fun and less 12-year-olds.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    If Bungie didn't make it, I'm not playing it. I havn't even touched Halo Reach in months, and the only reason I still have the game is because it's the Xbox Dash Beta program copy, and I'll be damned if I'm getting rid of a guaranteed collectors item like that.

5. DDTarZan

Member DDTarZan Never getting laid again /s

United States
    I'm borderline with this one. And I'll be honest, if it has original boxart, unlike all most of the current FPSs, then it'll be a buy for me. But only by a hair. In that respect, I still have faith for 343 and Bungie.

6. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Well, Reach shall be my last...

Because I sold my 360. :cry:

7. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'd wait for reviews before I judge this game, guys. quite a few of the guys who made the REAL Halos (Halo 1-3) jumped ship from Bungie to 343 Industries to make these games.

Lets not judge this game because we think it will suck because Bungie as a company doesn't have anything to do with it.

8. TwinRetro

United States
    343 fucked up Reach after the handoff. What makes you think they won't fuck up an entirely new game?

9. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am not going to lie, I will probably buy this game, I quite enjoy Halo and since I got into it with Reach, its still relatively fresh in my eyes.

10. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Probably because a new Halo game with the "Chief" is a much bigger thing then a prequel like Reach. They'll try not to fuck this one up.

11. TwinRetro

United States
    You know what? I might buy this game if Armor Lock dies a slow, painful, horrible death, or it's nerfed within reasonable levels. Then again, I might not.

12. Vinnymac

Member Vinnymac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    TwinRetro: Lmao, well done. And I completely agree, 343 really ruined Reach.

I have been playing these games since the launch of Halo 1. But I honestly can't say I will be purchasing this game. I have yet to see 343 create anything of worth. Hopefully this will actually be good with all the money and time being pooled into it.

In other news, I wonder how Bungies project is coming.

13. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Cool. I was getting sick of playing reach split screen coop over and over. Junior doesn't want to play anything else.

14. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    You say 343 broke Reach, when in reality 343 fixed your biggest concern. Armor Lock was nerfed in that if you're stuck, Armor Locking won't fix it, and being hit while in Armor Lock reduces the amount of usable time. I've used Armor Lock since the Title Update and let me tell you, it's not very effective anymore. About the only thing they didn't change is Armor Lock making Ghosts explode.

15. Haloman800

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I'm not sure how Halo 4 is gonna be. 343i did really good with Halo CE anniversary, although that was just Bungie's work with HD graphics and some Reach content (also Bungie-made), but they could of easily messed it up. 343 seems like they listen to the consumers (which is very surprising considering they're Microsoft owned).

Based on this, I'd say Halo 4 will be a good game. I'm glad the Halo series has a bright future. Either way I doubt I'll stop playing Reach for another iteration.

P.s. Anyone realize the numbers in 343 Industry's name is the same as 343 Guilty Spark (The Monitor) from the Halo series?

16. Haloman800

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Yeah. Armor Lock is useless now.

They actually buffed the Energy Sword, which was surprising, and awesome. No more blocking swords with your arms.

17. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Fixed that for you.

Anyway, I can hear the cows coming in for their milking. No matter how craptacular the game is in terms of mediocrity and unoriginality, it will still sell because people are stupid. They will play it once, play online for a month then trade it in like the last two Halo games which used copies will load up the store shelves faster then white on rice.

18. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    Halo 2 had one of the best online multiplayer of any console shooter of all time.

It was the only Non PC Shooter I've ever enjoyed.

Also, you don't play halo for its single player.

19. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    This argument always bugs me. If they didn't want you to care about about the single player, they wouldn't hype up the story (almost exclusively) in all the advertising, promotional campaigns, interviews, the game boxes themselves, etc.

20. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    I'm not interested in the new Halo tbh although I do enjoy Halo Reach... I'd have to wait for the reviews.