hakchi2 SNES Mini Progress And Discussions

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
70 games? Didn't someone say ~300 MB? I have 116 games waiting to be added and they have a total size of 243 MB - they are uncompressed. I checked the size of 70 random games and they have a size of 157 MB.

Also I'm curious since I have never used hakchi before... (I don't own a NES mini) - will I notice any difference between ROMs using RetroArch and ROMS running on the native SNES classic emulator? Will they show up the same way in the menu and boot like the original 21 games?

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
70 games? Didn't someone say ~300 MB? I have 116 games waiting to be added and they have a total size of 243 MB - they are uncompressed. I checked the size of 70 random games and they have a size of 157 MB.

Also I'm curious since I have never used hakchi before... (I don't own a NES mini) - will I notice any difference between ROMs using RetroArch and ROMS running on the native SNES classic emulator? Will they show up the same way in the menu and boot like the original 21 games?

I'm guessing some additional data is used for cover art and meta data. Not just the rom.

Reactions: bjaxx87

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried asking cluster where I could download the non-portable version of hakchi so I could dump my NAND and give it to him, but I didn't hear back from him. Does anyone have a link, or does he even need it?

iDon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried asking cluster where I could download the non-portable version of hakchi so I could dump my NAND and give it to him, but I didn't hear back from him. Does anyone have a link, or does he even need it?

I doubt he needs it from anybody in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more limit's guess begger's can't be chooser's i guess... now to find a mini for myself.

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's ever a n64 classic, assuming they add more storage space, it'll cost like $100. If they don't, then they'll charge $80 for half the games.
SNES is all I care about. I can play N64 on my raspberry pi, and maybe SNES Classic soon with Clover-Retroarch and a standard Classic Controller.

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lesson learned, do NOT use ROMs that were converted with the older SFC2SFROM script with the latest RC build of Hackchi, the games will not run XD
Did someone release a RC, or did you compile it yourself? I'm about to try compiling the current source, though it seems Cluster is updating quite frequently.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone release a RC, or did you compile it yourself? I'm about to try compiling the current source, though it seems Cluster is updating quite frequently.

I found a link earlier on the other hackchi thread for RC3, not sure what version it's up to, but the program converts and does all the ROM stuff for ya.

NeilZander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Hakchi2 is officially released according to the github v2.20 or something I'm tempted to try it but I want to ask since I can re dump the original Kernel file and what not and even factory restore. Would my warranty still be voided? Even tho I wiped out any trace of the system being tampered with?

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Hakchi2 is officially released according to the github v2.20 or something I'm tempted to try it but I want to ask since I can re dump the original Kernel file and what not and even factory restore. Would my warranty still be voided? Even tho I wiped out any trace of the system being tampered with?
You're asking a legal question, actually, rather than a technical question. The answer is "yes, but you're probably okay."

This is a common misconception I see around: if you do something that would void a warranty, and then reverse what you did 100% completely, legally speaking you've still voided your warranty. You can't "un-void" it. It's a contract, and the consequences for breaking the contract are that Nintendo does not have to hold up their end.

Realistically, if you restore it to factory state and it doesn't appear to be tampered with, it'll probably be treated as eligible for warranty service. You'd probably get away with it, and most likely nobody would care. However, again legally speaking, that is now an act of fraud. Again, you'd probably get away with it.

I'm sure the most that'd ever happen is that you'd be turned down for service if Nintendo detects tampering.

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's ever a n64 classic, assuming they add more storage space, it'll cost like $100. If they don't, then they'll charge $80 for half the games.
At this point in time storage costs are negligible. By which I mean a 16 GB eMMC, which is enough to store at least one version of every single N64 game released in the USA, is under $15 (especially in bulk!)

Last edited by cybrian,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point in time storage costs are negligible. By which I mean a 16 GB eMMC, which is enough to store at least one version of every single N64 game released in the USA, is under $15 (especially in bulk!)
Yeah but the NES and SNES classic are only a few hundred megabytes of storage and they're still charging $80 for the damn things. You can go to Dollar General and get a Sega Genesis system with 100 games for like $30 or $45

qwertyx888

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah but the NES and SNES classic are only a few hundred megabytes of storage and they're still charging $80 for the damn things. You can go to Dollar General and get a Sega Genesis system with 100 games for like $30 or $45
Well you don't have to buy it, if it's quantity you want why not just put together your own rasberry pi solution? You are paying for a well designed system, personally I like the authenticity of the mini consoles and the exact original feel and response of the controllers that third parties can't seem to get right. I've found the Sega ones and others to be poorly designed and implemented which is probably why they are cheap. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So? Good luck not having them look like shit on HDTVs without those overrated expensive upscaling devices. You don't have to get one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood